Apr 2  # 1 of 13
After I boiled eggs added warm brine into jar over eggs capped and refrigerated for 10 days can I remove from refrigerator and keep them at room temperature?

The receipe i used called to refrigerate after cooking for 8 to 10 days.Im guessing this is to allow time for absorbtion of spices for improved taste with the wait?

Would eggs be similar to mayonaise as far as if once refrigerated has to stay refrigerated or if left out in room temperature after refrigeration spoils quickly?
Apr 2  # 2 of 13
Interesting question.

I always refrigerate them. But I have no hard data, one way or another, whether it's necessary. It just seems right to me, so I do it.
Apr 2  # 3 of 13
Quote eckstg wrote:
After I boiled eggs added warm brine into jar over eggs capped and refrigerated for 10 days can I remove from refrigerator and keep them at room temperature?

The receipe i used called to refrigerate after cooking for 8 to 10 days.Im guessing this is to allow time for absorbtion of spices for improved taste with the wait?

Would eggs be similar to mayonaise as far as if once refrigerated has to stay refrigerated or if left out in room temperature after refrigeration spoils quickly?

Ten days of "brining" is for the flavor - that is normal with many pickled egg recipes.

As far as taking them out of the refrigerator - no longer than a meal time. Hard cooked eggs will spoil and bacteria sets in.

Many have said that any prepared foods should not sit out more than 2 hours -when enjoying a meal - at room temperature. I totally disagree with that.

Remember the rule - 40 degress F. to 140 degrees F. is nothing but a breeding ground for bacteria.

Immediately after eating, foods are put away in my house.

I hope this helps.

Mama
Apr 2  # 4 of 13
Well, if refrigerating pickled eggs was necessary, there would be a lot of sick people leaving bars on a Saturday night. I cannot tell you how many taverns I have seen with a big jar of pickled eggs behind the bar. Heck, we used to have bets that nobody could eat 5 in a minute in my younger wilder days.

I would think that you have to refrigerate them during the brining process, but after that, the high acidity and salt content keeps bacteria at bay. According to Wiki, no refrigeration is needed:

Pickled egg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote wrote:
Pickled eggs are also popular with campers because they do not require refrigeration once they have been prepared.

Edit:

This does bring back memories for me.. My mother used to make pickled eggs when I was a kid from the brine left over from a pickle jar. We would get quite a talkin to if we threw out the pickle jar/brine when all the pickles were gone.

I will say this other note on refrigeration, pickled eggs in my opinion taste better cold, so if you are basing it on that, I would say, put them in the fridge.
Apr 2  # 5 of 13
Jafo,

My grandmother did the same thing with her pickle juice, only she
"kicked it up a notch" and added beet juice so we would have the pretty and tasty pickeled eggs.

I never knew they needed refrigeration as they were kept in jars on the counter, although I preferred mine cold. So anytime I pickle eggs myself I store them in the fridge. I always thought like the pickling made it unnecessary to refrigerate, like you mentioned those jars they keep in the bars, etc...

My kids love pickeled eggs, but only the ones with the beet juice added to the brine.

CCCathy