What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Steak Marsala

Jafo232

I have not posted a recipe in a while, sorry. I have been pretty swamped lately. Due to that fact, we have been eating a lot of steak of one kind or another here recently. It is just quick to cook on the grill and easy to prepare.

It seems at least once or twice a week I try to create some kind of new pan sauce for the steak with about a 10% success on "wow, this is great" factor, while the other 90 rates from either "yeah, that's ok" or, "can I have some more without the sauce"?

Last week I threw some stuff together that even made me step back and say wow, this is good! We made it again last night to make sure it wasn't just a fluke, but it was great! You can use this pan sauce and marinade on any grilling steak I would imagine. I used it on a London broil and on T-bones. This should work for up to 3 pounds of steak.

Marinade:
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce.
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce.
  • 1 1/2 cup Marsala wine.
Other ingredients:
  • 2 to 3 cups beef broth.
  • 1/2 stick unsalted butter.
Combine meat and first three ingedients into a plastic bag with a zip lock and marinate in a bowl or sink for an hour at room temperature, turning the bag occasionally.

Remove the meat, reserve marinade.

Grill the steak as you always do and let rest.

Meanwhile, in a small pot, start boiling the beef broth and reduce by half. Add the marinade and reduce by about 2/3's. Reduce the heat and add the butter. Once the butter is melted, remove from the heat and let cool and thicken for a couple minutes.

Pour the sauce over the meat and serve.

I also posted this recipe on my site along with commentary on quick marinading:

Jeffs Recipes » Jeffs Marsala Steak

Back