May 20  # 1 of 2
I have not posted a recipe in a while, sorry. I have been pretty swamped lately. Due to that fact, we have been eating a lot of steak of one kind or another here recently. It is just quick to cook on the grill and easy to prepare.

It seems at least once or twice a week I try to create some kind of new pan sauce for the steak with about a 10% success on "wow, this is great" factor, while the other 90 rates from either "yeah, that's ok" or, "can I have some more without the sauce"?

Last week I threw some stuff together that even made me step back and say wow, this is good! We made it again last night to make sure it wasn't just a fluke, but it was great! You can use this pan sauce and marinade on any grilling steak I would imagine. I used it on a London broil and on T-bones. This should work for up to 3 pounds of steak.

Marinade:
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce.
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce.
  • 1 1/2 cup Marsala wine.
Other ingredients:
  • 2 to 3 cups beef broth.
  • 1/2 stick unsalted butter.
Combine meat and first three ingedients into a plastic bag with a zip lock and marinate in a bowl or sink for an hour at room temperature, turning the bag occasionally.

Remove the meat, reserve marinade.

Grill the steak as you always do and let rest.

Meanwhile, in a small pot, start boiling the beef broth and reduce by half. Add the marinade and reduce by about 2/3's. Reduce the heat and add the butter. Once the butter is melted, remove from the heat and let cool and thicken for a couple minutes.

Pour the sauce over the meat and serve.

I also posted this recipe on my site along with commentary on quick marinading:

Jeffs Recipes ยป Jeffs Marsala Steak
May 20  # 2 of 2
Jafo this sounds very good, I love to cook with Marsala!!!! It is a definite on my list in the next week or so!