What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grilled Herb Chicken or Rabbit Kabobs or Tofu

• Thread starter Thursdaynightfeast.com
  • Start date
T

Thursdaynightfeast.com

1 lb. chicken or rabbit fillet, cut into 1 inch pieces or cut meat or firm tofu
6 to 8 sprigs parsley, mince
1 tsp. each thyme, tarragon, marjoram, mince (3 to 5 sprigs each)
juice of 1 lemon or 1/2 cup dry white wine
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1 to 2 Tbsp. olive oil (optional)

Place in bowl. Mix well. Marinate 2 to 24 hours. Place on skewers . Pack pieces together tightly or place larger pieces on grill or under broiler. Grill 10 to 15 minutes until well browned. Turn 2 to 3 times to brown evenly. Serve hot or cold.

Hello TNF,

Could you not use both the white wine and lemon juice in the marinade? I like the sound of this recipe, thank you for sharing it!

CCCathy

Yes you could use both. We never seem to have both in the house when we make this dish. Thank you for the complement.

Hi again TNF,

Yes the lemons are rather exspensive these days. But I do love the flavor that they impart to any dish, but I also adore wine in my food! I just simply could not live without either to cook with. I am always threatening to buy a lemon tree even if I have to drag the poor thing inside every winter Ha-Ha!

CCCathy

Back