What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction

P

Pixton5

Hi! I'm excited I found this site. I know I'll get lots of great tips and ideas down the road. Hopefully, I can pass on a thing or two myself.....

Do any of you have a hydroponic garden? I have a few wonderings about them if you do.

Buenos Dias Pixton,

And a very big Welcome to our Forum, you will love it!!!

Read your post and remarks on Customer Service. and it is heartwarming to read your son is on the mission field, God Bless him!

I am on the mission field here in the USA everyday..... a mission to stay cheerful, sane and alive LOL, but seriously it was very nice to read that heartwarming story of the family getting their home, thanks for sharing it!

I do indeed have a garden but it is not hydroponics, maybe someone else can help you out there!

CCCathy

Welcome, Pixton,

Hopefully we'll be hearing a lot more from you than the two lines in your intro.

What sorts of food do you cook?

Hi, KY! I'm still trying to figure out how this site works, so bear with me for a bit (weeks????)

I'm from the midwest in the flood ravaged area, although me and mine are high and dry. Farmer friends aren't looking too happy right now. We are helping those in close by towns as we can. Not a good place to be right now.

I'm also a 1st grade teacher during the school year and a stay at home mom (ha! I have a 17year old son in the house, a 21 year old college daughter out of the house and a 23 year old daughter making her way in the big world) during the summer. Hubby too, so sometimes I have 4 children, if you know what I mean.

What do I like to cook..... I'm currently trying to focus on healthier cooking, much to my son's and husband's dismay! Yikes. I'm a big fan of all things poultry and fish and like to do some experimenting with pasta. Unfortunately, we have to eat my flops!

these guys here know most of my interests, Mediterranean, Caribbean (including eastern Mexico), Asian, and so on.
But since I cook for crews on a ship, sometimes for months at a time, healthy cooking is my passion. Most of these people appreciate it and we have some work out equipment, so staying healthy is a common goal.
I believe in the concept of "eating clean". Buy as much non processed food as you can. Read labels, read labels, read labels!!
If you don't know what something is, make a note of it and do a search. Some scary sounding things are o.k., some are freakin frightening.
It does not take that long to throw some stale bread in the blender and make some seasoned bread crumbs for whatever. Soup is fun to make. So much stuff people buy prepared is so quick to make without the chemicals and excess sodium.
Pick the good oils, run from high fructose corn syrup, try to stick with whole grains---
and, the people waving in the back are yelling "enough already Nan". pm me if you have questions.
Nan

Nan I enjoy reading your posts and never would say "enough already"! Your advice is absolutely right on track! And how fortunate that the others on board are into health with you.

Welcome, Pixton!

I too am brand new here and I've been quite pleased with not only the warm welcome I've gotten, but also the fine & fun folks who've stepped-up and reached-out. Not sure if you've spent time at other such sites or not but I have and this one is by far the most comfy! I haven't even begun to tap into the resources that appear to be available here- so let's explore them and make our way together! As a fellow mid-westerner, (I'm from rural, central Illinois) I'm happy to join you as a newby!

New Today

I found this site today and am anxious to start reading. I don't know how much I will post, but I guess we'll see!:)

Welcome SSDollar!

Hope you will love this site like I do! I am learning so much and have made new friends and acquaintences and my cooking has just improved so much. I hope you will stick around and enjoy being active with us.

CCCathy

Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome. I am looking forward to membership. I've already seen some great recipes & tips.:)

Welcome aboard, SSD,

I hope you like it here, and, despite what you said, that you'll be doing some posting. Every voice counts at SpicePlace. And you might surprise yourself with what you have to contribute.

Why don't you start by telling us a little about yourself. And the kinds of food you like to cook. Etc.

I am finding that all are welcomed here, with widely-opened arms. The role one decides to play is up to them- some prefer to be quiet while others contribute... but the cool part I'm seing is that all, regardless of skill level are included- one way or another, and that's part of the coziness! Cooking has been my bread & butter since I was a wee boy, and one thing I learned early on was that anyone who cooks anything in any type of kitchen has something to teach. Have a look around and enjoy- I too am still making my way, learning the ropes and exploring tucked away nooks & crannies...

Back