What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sweet potato french fries?

R

Raquelita

Anyone have a good recipe for sweet potato french fries?

I absolutely love them deep fried with salt; peel and cut into fries, deep fry at 325* F. for 5 minutes; remove and drain; bring fryer temp up to 375* F. and return to fryer until done; drain; salt to taste.

A friends grandkids like them with cinnamon and sugar on them - but I am not brave enought to try that one! I think I'm a bit too old!

:p

Wow....why have I not heard of these? They sound so good. I am going to make some real soon. I am craving them already and havent tried them.

The best part is that sweet potatoes are so healthy for you, so especially if you cut them as thick steak fries you're getting healthy benefits with the yummy fried flavor to boot ;).

Careful BagCSC - you may never want another plain french fry again!!! I really prefer these over white potatoes!

I got some sweet potatoes the other day to make these, but ended up boiling them and adding brown sugar and butter. I forgot I didnt have any oil. :p
Next time.

We oven-fry ours. Slice them as steak fries and then toss them with a bit of olive oil and maybe a little salt, and then stick 'em in the oven at 450 for 25 minutes, turning once halfway through.

I make them for my kids all the time and manys the time they (the fries) never even make it to the table ... everyone's standing around the stove eating them directly off of the cooking sheet!

I like oven fried sweet potatoes. My son likes it too. We usually slice the sweet potatos into thin pieces, just a tiny bit of add olive oil, a little sugar and put then the oven at 375 for about 30 minutes.

Hi, I am an owner of a chip wagon(french fry truck) so many customers have asked if I have these fries in the past. They truly are an awesome seller.

Every time I order a burger deluxe, I order sweet potato french fries. Since I found out that most restaurants serve it, I just order it and onion rings. Absolutely delicious, I tried making it and was not successful. Oh well!

sounds great, thanks so much for the ideas. We made these a couple of times and I've never used a deep fryer only done the oven fried kind. we always use sea salt and it is awesome. we also make a little mayo mixed with curry powder for dipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the Food Network site, there are a few recipes for sweet potato fries.

If you sort by ratings, you will find one with six reviews that got five stars.

It is a pretty simple recipe that looks like it could be modified to use different spices.

Hi,,

Easy Low-Fat Baked Sweet Potato Fries. If you're craving a high-fat and salty treat like fast food French fries, try this recipe for healthier baked sweet potato fries. Baked sweet potato fries are much lower in fat than a deep-fried version and are very quick to prepare. Kids will love these baked fries as well.
Ingredients:

* 3 large sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1 tsp cumin
* dash cayenne pepper
* 1/4 tsp paprika
* 1/2 tsp salt or seasoned salt

Preparation:
Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.

In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients until potatoes are evenally coated with oil and spices.

Place potatoes on a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, or until done.

I really like to eat these plain, but you could serve with ketchup, a ranch dressing dip or barbecue sauce. Enjoy your baked sweet potato fries!

We oven-fry ours. Slice them as steak fries and then toss them with a bit of olive oil and maybe a little salt, and then stick 'em in the oven at 450 for 25 minutes, turning once halfway through.

That's pretty much my same recipe but without the salt (heart patient). I use a foil lined pan on the bottom then just bake them on a rack above it. I don't have to turn them that way.

Yes,
Cook them with Oil and Season them with a little Sugar and lemon Salt...
Also you can make a little dip sauce for them. Take some tbs ranch,tbs French dressing, Honey mustard, and some pepper and salt, mix a little Olive oil and a Dash of Worcestershire and stir and this will be your dipping sauce... this is so good with it..

Back