Jul 3  # 1 of 28
I had already told Cathy my father in law called yesterday to let me know what I was cooking for the 4th of July cookout at his house lol.
He is so used to drafting me he doesnt beat around the bush anymore :rolleyes:
I made southern potato salad, deviled eggs, hotdog sauce and cut up the coleslaw tonight. I put a rub on my chicken breasts to smoke later. I have to make chocolate chip brownies & cupcakes tomorrow along with baked beans. I have hotdogs in the freezer I had bought at SAMS and Jons Dad got the burger meat today and the buns. Im going to smoke the chicken tomorrow night in the stovetop smoker and they can reheat them. It is supposed to rain here Friday.

Who else is cooking and what yummy things are you making?
Jul 3  # 2 of 28
I'm going to a friend's place for a potluck Thursday Night and taking bacon-wrapped chicken sate-skewers, a tortellini/caesar salad & raspberry/blueberry shortbread bars.

Then doing the 4th at my sister's and taking a second pan of the same raspberry/blueberry shortbreads, pesto/sausage/mozzarella-stuffed mushrooms and baby backs...
Jul 3  # 3 of 28
If I want to eat - I better cook!

This year it's very small - salads, cheese salad, burgers, weeenies, baked beans, chicken and pork - all planned out starting with Friday and going till Sunday.

I'll put together some no-bake desserts, relish trays, stuffed eggs, etc.
Jul 3  # 4 of 28
mama- your selections sound yummy... what is your cheese salad?
Jul 3  # 5 of 28
My cheese salad is cubed cheeses, peppers, spices, celery, olives, cauliflower, homemade vinaigrette - just love it!