What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You'll Never Guess...

chubbyalaskagriz

...what I woke-up a couple of nights ago CRAVING...

Pan-fried chicken livers and 'Poppycock Carmel-Pecan Popcorn'! So... on the drive home from my grave-yard shift this morning I went to the store and guess what I'll be eating for my supper tonight? You guessed it- chicken livers and the rest of the box of Poppycock- the first half of the box was my breakfast!

What do YOU wake-up in the middle of the night CRAVING?

EEEKKK ! Never do I crave Chicken Livers...lol...or any part of a chicken except for the eggs. Even though I have 15 Hens and 1 Rooster.
A few nights ago I woke up craving Milk....

I crave milk WITH foods, like peanut-butter sandwiches, chocolate cake or pecan pie... but it's hard for me to drink milk unless it's washing-down something gloriously-fattening!

(FWIW, the pic in today's avatar was 10 years ago... had I that same physique today, my nickname here might only need be "slightly-pudgy alaska griz"... but with the onset of 60+ lbs. alas, today I am CHUBBYAlaskagirz!)

Last edited:
...speaking of avatars- i LOVE your new country scene, Cath! So pristine and serene... I love barns and gentle, rolling hills... smiles & hugz- kevin

p.s. because I was asked- I'm holding three things in this pic- an artichoke, a flour sifter and a copy of Larousse's 'Gastronomique'...

Yes it is a little hard to see the items, but now that ya' said so I see the artichoke clearly! That is a neat shot!!!

Yes I am looking forward to tranquility in my later years ah-h-h-h just kicked back and relaxed!!! I am wondering if we have a small farm if that will be possible..I have spent the last 4 days chasing our "Rogue Rooster" that got away on Sun. by playing possum; and we have been trying to get him back into the coup every since!!! LOL We actually got him into the coup Sun. evening but the very moment he went in another big ole' bird attacked him and chased him away as fast as could be, then when we called it came back, but not before turning around and blessing that "Rouge Rooster" out good and proper, I wish you could have heard that clucking coming out of that bird!!! It was comical, the "Rogue Rooster" stayed away for the rest of the night and next day. Then on Tues morn when I walked Zeke he flushed "Rogue Rooster" out of the woods and I spotted him so decided to feed him and try and get him to come on home, mistake #404!!! Now he's hanging around getting in my garden, and tearing it up, then lurking around outside the coup (NOW THE OTHER CHICKENS ARE HAPPY AND CONTENT AND I CAN GO IN TO FEED THEM IN PEACE) and he wants back in but will not hang around long enough to let us guide him back in, plus the other chickens don't want him back in so we have a small dilema on our hands. And I am thinking farm animals and farm life could be less tranquil that I imagine!

Last edited:
I don't crave anything in the middle of the night - but if I have cheesecake, cannolis or eclairs in the fridge - they call out my name and we party!

LOL.................

I try not to eat at night. It makes the acid reflux act up but sometimes I cant help myself. I just chase down my midnight snack with a prilosec lol.

damn mama! I wish I lived across the way from you! I'd look out the window and if ever I saw your refrigerator light glowing after-hours I'd be traipsin' across the street and down the back alley-way in my pajamas and rappin' on your back door with a fork and a jug o' cold milk! Cheesecake at 4:00AM is such a guilty pleasure!

(Cathy- COOL new Thursday avatar! Pink paint and palm trees- I LIKE! the natives in remote Alaska use awesome bright colors to paint their l'il cabins and shantys... really adds life to the gray winter landscape! One sees some never-before seen home colors up there! Let me see if I can find a pic to scan..)

damn mama! I wish I lived across the way from you! I'd look out the window and if ever I saw your refrigerator light glowing after-hours I'd be traipsin' across the street and down the back alley-way in my pajamas and rappin' on your back door with a fork and a jug o' cold milk! Cheesecake at 4:00AM is such a guilty pleasure!

LOL - Heading to the light - straight to heaven (cheesecake) - yep - heck I'd have the tea pot on, the door open and when you were done (after I stuffed you to the max with anything and everything) I'd just roll you home!

No problem!

LOL - Heading to the light - straight to heaven (cheesecake) - yep - heck I'd have the tea pot on, the door open and when you were done (after I stuffed you to the max with anything and everything) I'd just roll you home!

No problem!

Wouldn't be the first time (and won't be the last) that I had an all night stuffer party starting at 2 AM - come as you are - bring your appetite!

Those parties made me famous!

RE: Wouldn't be the first time (and won't be the last) that I had an all night stuffer party starting at 2 AM - come as you are - bring your appetite!"

Dang, mama- those sound like THE place to be! Talk about "social event of the season"! Ha!

Kevin ya wanna read about some fantastic partying? Go read the entire post called: "Have a small red salmon roast just under 2 lbs" Posted By: Shipscook and see the kind of blow-outs MamaM, Nan and I plan!!! You'll get a kick out of reading that one!

Last edited:
Oh how I think my reputation has just been ruined! I've been found out!

LMAO

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE - SO JOIN IN THE PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin ya wanna read about some fantastic partying? Go read the entire post called: "Have a small red salmon roast just under 2 lbs" Posted By: Shipscook and see the kind of blow-outs MamaM, Nan and I plan!!! You'll get a kick out of reading that one!

Kevin don't forget to look this up & read it, I know you will get a kick outta it!!!

Back