Nov 1  # 1 of 10
Hi,

I am new today and am writing to introduce myself. I love to cook, get new recipes and share mine. (Better Homes and Gardens monthly recipe winner) I am loooking forward to joining in with this group and hope you will appreciate my contributions.

Jen
Nov 1  # 2 of 10
I'm new too, just registered on Friday. I am having a nice time already and everyone has been so nice.

I love Better Homes and Gardens ~ would it be prying to ask what recipe of yours was a monthly winner and would it be possible for you to post it~ my biggest thing is to try a new recipe every other Sunday

Look forward to hearing from you

dianne
Nov 1  # 3 of 10
Hi, Not a problem at all. I believe my recipe won the 2007 September issue. (the magazine is at my office) Anyway here it is and will be in the 2009 Better Homes and Gardens PRIZEWinning Recipes Cook book.

Salmon, Apples and Fennel

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 eggs
1 Tbs. water
2/3 cup fine bread crumbs
4 (4-5oz.) skinless salmon fillets (1/2 - 3/4-inch thick)
1/4 cup butter
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 medium fennel bulbs, trimmed , cored and cut into thin wedges
1/4 cup honey
Snipped fresh parsley

In shallow dish, combine flour, salt and black pepper. In anothershallow dish, whisk together eggs and water. In a third shallow dish, place bread crumbs. Rinse salmon;pat dry. Dip salmon innto the flour mixture, then in bread crumbs to coat; set aside.

In a 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter and oil over medium heat until butter melts. Add fennel, cook and stir 4 minutes. Add apples, cook and stir 3-4 min. more or until apples and fennel are tender. Stir in honey; transfer fennel mixture to bowl;set aside.

Heat remaining 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add salmon, cook 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once. (If fish browns too easily, reduce heat to medium-low) Transfer fish and fennel mixture to serving plates. Garnish with parsley. Makes 4 servings
Nov 1  # 4 of 10
Very impressive recipe ~ did you create this yourself? Equally impressive is that your recipe is going to be featured in the 2009 Prize Winning Cook Book ~ I'm going to buy just to see your recipe.

I created a cook book in memory of my parents in 2003. Both were very good cooks and they left behind in writing a few, but most of it was from memory. I turned out 53 recipes which included my siblings recipes as well. I gave them out as Christmas presents in 2003 and a few more to friends. I really cherish that book and I wrote a memorial page to them and an immediate genealogy page.

But that is just a family book ~ and You have your recipe published not once but twice in two nationally known and respected books. I hope you framed that recipe. I can't wait for the cook book to come out so I can buy one now.

Nice meeting you Jenny.
Nov 2  # 5 of 10
Welcome jen!

I think you'll find this is a fun and friendly group- in fact, in my experience, this is THE friendliest foodie group on the web! So c'mon in, pulluppa chair and make yourself at home! There's always room for one more at the table!

BTW, as a full-fledged SALMON LOVER, your fantastic recipe already earns you a STAR in my book! smiles- kevin (chubbyalalskagriz)