Nov 9  # 1 of 5
My mother would never cook anything but a Butterball brand turkey. Brand name really doesnt matter to me. I brine mine before cooking so it is always moist but alot of people think a Butterball is the only way to get a moist turkey. I picked up a little 10.3 pound store brand turkey today for our Thanksgiving. They were on sale for .88 a pound. I used one of this same brand last year and was very pleased with it.
Nov 9  # 2 of 5
Oh yeah..has anyone ever done a glaze on their turkey? I was reading some honey glaze recipes for turkey that sounded interesting.
Nov 9  # 3 of 5
I always get a free range organic turkey from my butcher down the street. I've never had a better bird. It's always suculent and I never brine.
Nov 9  # 4 of 5
Yeah I bet it is a wonderful turkey.
Nov 11  # 5 of 5
Quote jglass wrote:
Oh yeah..has anyone ever done a glaze on their turkey? I was reading some honey glaze recipes for turkey that sounded interesting.

I love honey-glazed turkey! I've also made honey glazed turkey parts when not buying a whole turkey.

I've found that I like Riverside turkeys better than Butterball - haven't had a Butterball in years since I discovered Riverside.