What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Butterball vs other brands?

jglass

My mother would never cook anything but a Butterball brand turkey. Brand name really doesnt matter to me. I brine mine before cooking so it is always moist but alot of people think a Butterball is the only way to get a moist turkey. I picked up a little 10.3 pound store brand turkey today for our Thanksgiving. They were on sale for .88 a pound. I used one of this same brand last year and was very pleased with it.

Oh yeah..has anyone ever done a glaze on their turkey? I was reading some honey glaze recipes for turkey that sounded interesting.

I always get a free range organic turkey from my butcher down the street. I've never had a better bird. It's always suculent and I never brine.

Oh yeah..has anyone ever done a glaze on their turkey? I was reading some honey glaze recipes for turkey that sounded interesting.

I love honey-glazed turkey! I've also made honey glazed turkey parts when not buying a whole turkey.

I've found that I like Riverside turkeys better than Butterball - haven't had a Butterball in years since I discovered Riverside.

Back