Nov 20  # 1 of 7
I have refrigerated two restaurant dinners: fried chicken and beef steak(probably sirloin).
Should I heat them using my microwave or my broiler- oven, at what temperature and for how long?
Nov 20  # 2 of 7
Hi Praglen and welcome to Spice Place. I would recommend heating any leftovers in the microwave to be placed on a plate covered with a paper towel and start with 3 min.'s if it still needs further warning from there go in 30 second to 1 min. incraments until it reaches desired warmth. I have no idea how long in a Toaster Over, but a rough estimate would be 15-30 min.'s Do not microwave bread products as long as you would a meal, it should go not longer that 30 seconds to start with if it is a bakery product or bread! I am sorry it took so long to answer your question, A busy day here! Come back often we love having new members join!!!
Nov 21  # 3 of 7
Howdy praglen,

...and Welcome! As Cathy recommends, the microwave is proll'y your best reheat bet. Although it's not always the perfect choice- but many times sticking cooked food back into an oven or under a broiler is just too harsh of heat for the food and only serves to dry it out. The microwave might make the "cripsys" on your fried chicken soft- or might not add much color to some items- but if warming enuf to eat is your main goal- it's likely the best way to go. Follow Cathy's careful and wise directions for best results!

BTW- we're a fun and friendly food group, made up of folks from all regions and all walks of life. We love it when new folks stop by! We hope you'll make yourself at home here amongt us! smiles- kevin (chubbyalaskagriz)
Nov 21  # 4 of 7
I don't know I think I will have to disagree on this one. While I normally use the microwave if the food is fried such as the fried chicken she wants to reheat I use the broiler or even better the toaster oven so the crust is crispy again. If you are going to use the broiler just put the food on the bottom rack so it doesn't get burned before it is reheated.
Nov 21  # 5 of 7
good point, jfain!