What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your favorite HOLIDAY snacks?

The thread for Chex Party Mix got me to thinking about the holiday snacks we make every year as a tradition..... And so I am wondering what some of your favorites are?

One of my all-time favorite Dips is homemade Avacado Guacamole!!! I could eat tubs full of it!!! My grandmother made hers soooo good she used sour cream and all the other spices and mashed avacado it was out of this world, better than any I have ever had!!!!

I love those powdery archway cookies. I can't eat them now but maybe I'll try to work up a gluten free version.

I have never had them Jfain. Are they similar to the Danish Wedding Cookies? Those Danish Wedding Cookies are to die for...they just melt in your mouth!!!!!

Jon and I love those sugar cookies in the holiday shapes with the green and red sugar sprinkles. Jon bought me a couple boxs of those hershey pot of gold chocolates today. I love those things. I keep myself to 2 pieces a day lol.

Chocolates, M&M's, Holiday Chocolates, Holiday M&M's, White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, and any other kind of chocolate even if its not the holiday. I'm not fussy. :D

The talk of fruitcake reminds me of my Vietnam days and my Grandmother wants to send me a fruitcake for Christmas. My grandfather says the fruitcake needs to be "preserved" since it may take a long time to arrive, so they made it with Brandy and wrapped it in a towel soaked in the stuff and made sure it was mailed in a sturdy tube container. It was mailed in October but did not find me until nearly March. I guess you know how well "preserved" that fruitcake was and how long it lasted. Definitely some happy guys for awhile!

Last edited:
The talk of fruitcake reminds me of my Vietnam days and my Grandmother wants to send me a fruitcake for Christmas. My grandfather says the fruitcake needs to be "preserved" since it may take a long time to arrive, so they made it with Brandy and wrapped it in a towel soaked in the stuff and made sure it was mailed in a sturdy tube container. It was mailed in October but did not find me until nearly March. I guess you know how well "preserved" that fruitcake was and how long it lasted. Definitely some happy guys for awhile!

Totally awesome story, I know you guys were lovin' that fruit cake.

Back in the Vietnam days at least we could mail pkg's free of charge to the troops, not so these days:( BUMMER!

Spreadable Cheese and Crackers, my favorite snack. My nickname as a child was mouse because I Loved cheese so much!

I Love Hershey's Chocolate Kisses. I also Love Marshmallows this time of year. Cookie :)

I love Fruit Cake also MamaM it is one of my favorites during Christmas!!!! GOSH IT IS GOOD:p

I'll admit it. I love fruit cake too. I even like store bought fruit cake. Maybe that makes me a fruit cake but it's so good. I think that's another thing I'll have to try to make gluten free.

Fruitcake lover!

This time of year I love to eat fruitcake. A friend baked me two fruitcakes with rum. I limit myself to one slice of fruitcake each day so I don't gain any weight.

I am so happy to hear we have some real Fruit Cake LOVERS here at SP!!!

I even watched a show on FN last year that was all about fruit cakes and some people really bash fruit cakes, and hate getting them for gifts, why I thought to myself would anyone not appreciate a good fruit cake?:confused:

Just in case anyone out there hates getting them just send them to me:D

Well Kev since we already established that we are long lost siblings [seperated at birth!] I know beyond a shadow of a doubt now!!! FUDGE is my favorite holiday treat now that you mention it! Of-course down south we use pecans, but there was one Christmas I made myself sick as could be eating my grandmother's homemade fudge:eek: I really know no limits when fudge is involved, there is no stopping myself and so I try and pretend it doesn't exist and never make it anymore!!! Eating disorder:confused: DARN RIGHT I DO WHEN IT COMES TO FUDGE!!!!!!:D

Ohhhh - walnut fudge is to die for!

And as far as the fruit cake bashers go - apparently they've never enjoyed a good piece of fruit cake.

Fruitcake and walnut fudge - what more can a woman ask for! LOL

Back