Dec 9  # 1 of 23
My FIL has decided we are having a pasta Christmas. He is making spaghetti and meatballs. The other daughter in law is making lasagna and Im making baked ziti. I will make two loaves of roasted garlic french bread and a couple of desserts. I was thinking of making a big bowl of salad and homemade croutons. He plans to make his dressing and still wants coleslaw lol. Should be an interesting dinner :rolleyes: Sounds crazy to me but what ever he wants lol. I thought I would make a couple batches of these pull aparts to serve with everything else.

Cheesy Garlic Pull Aparts

2 tablespoons butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (8 ounce) can biscuits (10 biscuits)
2 cups mozzarella cheese (can use less)
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
pizza sauce

Heat oven to 425.
Melt butter in small bowl. Stir garlic, parsley and garlic powder into butter.
Pour butter mixture into pan.
Cut biscuits into 4 sections each. Place in pan. Top with both cheeses.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until biscuits are cooked through.
Invert upside down onto a plate. (I take a knife around the edges of pan to release stuck on cheese before inverting to plate.).
Serve with warm pizza sauce.

On the bright side this is going to be much easier on me as far as the cooking goes.
Dec 9  # 2 of 23
Janie these sound nice and really easy too! I think the Pasta Christmas dinner is cool, and a different from the ordinary fare!
Dec 9  # 3 of 23
Yeah Jon likes the idea also. Im not sure where the dressing and slaw are gonna fit in lol.
It is gonna be loads easier on me. It will be the first Christmas in years where I havent been up since 3-4am cooking.
Dec 9  # 4 of 23
We always had tons of homemade pasta for the holiday in addition to at least one roasted turkey (sometimes 2 or 3) and a really large roast beef. Tons of taters, gravies, veggies, salads, breads, rolls - and then all the goodies - pies, cakes, cookies, candies, fancy desserts. when I was a kid I thought everyone ate pasta on holidays!
Dec 9  # 5 of 23
I'm such an old fashioned girl, I have never entertained the thought of doing something different for the hoildays. Thank you Mama, I think this year we are going to follow suit and do a completely Italian feast (have to keep the pecan pie in there somewhere;)) My son thinks it's a grand idea.:)
Julie