Dec 19  # 1 of 12
Just what one needs. Another fried food,lol.
I make Beefy Home made Ravioli. I make a fresh pasta with flour salt and 1 egg per cup of flour used.
My Ravioli consist of an Italian meat mixture, 1/2 pound. Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons, saltine crackers (7) soaked in beef stock (1/2 cup), and diced onion, salt and pepper to taste. I brown the meat and onion first and then mix in the rest of the ingredients. I have a home made ravioli mold that I use for putting the ravioli and pasta together with. Anyone interested in the mold, just ask. After I make the Ravioli I freeze them on parchment paper and then place them in zip lock type bags for future use.
To make the Fried Ravioli I take them from the freezer to thaw. I set up a bowl with a few beaten eggs in it and a plate of bread crumbs that I season with Italian herbs and spices and another tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. I then dip the Ravioli into the egg and then into the bread crumbs to coat. I fry them in vegetable oil over medium high heat until brown and crispy.
I serve them with a fresh marinara dipping sauce.
Dec 19  # 2 of 12
These sound DELICIOUS!!!! Thanks for sharing! Do not sound too hard to make either!:)
Apr 29  # 3 of 12
Sorry, but this recipe sounds like 'tortellini' instead of ravioli! The difference between tortellini and ravioli is the shape and the filling! Infact tortellini has meat while ravioli generally have spinach and ricotta or other vegetables! :-)
I'm Italian... ;-)
Greetings from Tuscany, Simona
Apr 29  # 4 of 12
Hi Simon from Tuscany! And Welcome to Spice Place!
Apr 29  # 5 of 12
Quote simonaskitchen wrote:
Sorry, but this recipe sounds like 'tortellini' instead of ravioli! The difference between tortellini and ravioli is the shape and the filling! Infact tortellini has meat while ravioli generally have spinach and ricotta or other vegetables! :-)
I'm Italian... ;-)
Greetings from Tuscany, Simona
Simona, If it's shaped like a Ravioli and has a filling then it's a Ravioli. If I fill a piece of pasta and roll it like a Tortellini then it's a Tortellini, If I fill it and shape it as a Wonton or Dimsum then that is what I will call it. Pasta has so many shapes and sizes and every nationality has it's own version it seems. Here in the States, Ravioli has every filling imaginable.

Welcome to SP. I hope you enjoy it here. I am looking forwards to seeing some of your authentic Italian recipes.