What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June "What's For Supper?"

chubbyalaskagriz

I made a huge pan of lasagne w/ a friend several days back and last night it was left-overs. I picked up a spin salad w/ chopped egg, bacon and croutons at Krogers and toasted an onion bagel, and nuked a piece of the lasagne. It was even yummier the second time 'round!

Tonight is a meatless night for me. I've got aspargus in the fridge, so it'll proll'y be an omelet w/ swiss cheese and asp. and a big hunk o' watermelon.

Well tonight we are having Chicken Stifado with spinach-dill rice pilaf. It's been really cold here lately so a nice warm dish is a welcome sight.

Friday, 06/05: Tonight it's the All-You-Can-Eat-Walleye-Supper at the Elk's Lodge w/ Dad & Dolores. Saturday I'll be home and have to go into my night-shift a few hours early so dinner will likely be a drive-thru burger or chix sandwich...

Sunday? My sister has asked me to cook a ham dinner because it's one of my niece's favorites- and she departs home Monday morning for a week-long school trip. Since they'll be a ball-tournies all day Sunday, I'll rustle-up the vittles at my place... I love baking a huge whole smoked ham in either winter or summer, and I'm doing one this weekend, in fact. Rather than the mashed potatoes/gravy, sweet potaoes, mac-'n-cheese and other warm comfort-foods I would normally make during the cold months, Sunday I will side-step to a more appropriate cooler menu and make a selection of chilled salads to accompany the savory pig: candied sweet potato/grape salad w/ maple-mustard vinaigrette, bow-tie pasta/spinach salad w/ creamy-feta/garlic dressing, and shrimp-fennel salad w/ Sambucca-mayo. Dessert will be sugar cookies & chocolate pudding.

I'm not cooking tonight. Supposed to be going to a BBQ today. Someone else will be doing the cooking tonight.

Dang Kevin I wasn't planning a long drive this weekend but that dinner looks mighty tasty that yer plannin' on Sun. I might just have to do a little road trip up to your neck-o-the-woods ;) What & with the price of gas what it is>>>Dang you!!!

Eddie and I feasted on Chinese take-out tonight (Sizzling Beef & Scallops, Shrimp Fried Lice, and Eggrolls) oops I meant Fried-Rice not Lice hee-hee!!! Oh yeah & One-Long-Doneg took our order!!!!!:D Ok can't a girl be a little naughty once in a while:rolleyes::);)

FRI. 06/12/09: Tonight is Spades night at my place w/ a group of buds, so it's Chicken/Fennel Sausage-Pesto Pizza w/ ripe olives and extra cheese & mushrooms from a local delivery joint that produces my fav crisp/crunchy thin crust. I'll also have a smoked salmon cheese-ball/crackers/grapes plate and plenty of iced Bud-Lite w/ Lime longnecks!

Ok I know I just bought a house and all but I am moving to Bloomington right away!!!! I LOVE PLAYING SPADES AND I am going to be trying my very best to get invited to a certain Bud's card-party to play!!! :D!!! So how are those Bud Lights with Lime? I think that if I am going to have anything Lime Flavored I'll just stick with my beloved Margarita's on the rocks!!! hee-hee I'll be a tispy card player after just 3, but then it will get really fun when I start hoopin' and hollerin' when I win;)>>>Nothin better than a few Marg's to lighten me up:D Gosh I love tequilla

Today I made hotdogs with homemade sauce. I was totally lazy.
Tomorrow for dinner its gonna be porkchops for Jon and Im making vegetable soup for myself.

Cathy- you and the whole gang are always welcome on Spades night- or ANY night!

The Bud Lites w/ Lime are out of this world! I've never been much or a drinker at all. In fact, I rarely drink more than one or one-and-a-half beers. And I rarely if ever touch hard liquor. Not a prude about drinking at all- just never developed much of a taste for it at all... But, those Bud Lites/Lime are definitely thirst-quenching and tasty!

(janie- I'm starving for a chili-dog! Yum!)

Today I made a pot of veggie soup from the Dom Deluise cookbook I recently got.
Jon had porkchops for dinner.

Last weekend Mom let me in on a couple of cravings she's had lately, and tonight (Saturday) I made good on them for her.

I went by her place and pan-fried a mess of chicken livers and served w/ warm German potato salad w/ crumbled bacon, then we both ate our fill of "Magic Bars".

Dang- cheap grub- but RICH! My belly is still full, fat and happy!

Sunday night I go to Dad's. He says he's hungry for something grilled. He's a red meat eater and indulges rarely these days so maybe I'll surprise him w/ some T-Bones! (and the remainder of the "Magic Bars" that Mom and I couldn't finish!)

Tonight I am smoking a bag of chicken legs I marinaded last night. I am also baking a loaf of my roasted garlic french bread. Jon adores smoked chicken and he will eat those leftover for days lol. I made some of my three bean salad earlier to have with the chicken. Since the weather warmed up we have both been craving smoked/grilled food and I love the side salads. Not to mention I have tons of fresh dill I need to use lol.

Dinner....

Hi everyone, I made apricot chicken breasts (stove top) with a fresh (whole) lemon juiced... with (1 cup) apricot preserves with some salt/pepper & Garlic Powder.

I also made a Pasta Salad with veggie spiral pasta and green olives, chick peas, a whole bag of frozen California veggies steamed.

For the pasta salad dressing:
I blended a 1/2 cup of Italian dressing with 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil together with Italian seasoning and Parmesan/romano cheese.

Have a Good week, Cookie :)

Last edited:
I have some left over Pot Roast from Sunday, so I'm going to make beef quesadillas for dinner. Yum!

Once again working the late shift....sigh. I'm having mojito chicken breasts and corn salad left over from dinner last night.

I love reading all the varied and wonderful dishes everyone makes, I am full and yet reading this is making me hungry hee-hee!FoodDive is my kinda woman, I love making leftover pot roast into Mexican meals, as well as left-over pork roast, boned chicken etc....The other night I took a whole bunch of boned stewed chicen, seasoned it and whipped up a batch of Hot Tamales,. now I am enjoying them at work each day.

Tonight we had homemade Philly-Cheese Steak sandwiches and Pastrami & Cheese sandwiches, I used Pablano Pepper instead of the standard Bell Pepper when I grilled the onion and such for our sandwiches, it works so well and adds a georgeous taste! For dessert fresh pineapple wedges and peaches YUMMY!!!

Hi everyone, I made apricot chicken breasts (stove top) with a fresh (whole) lemon juiced... with (1 cup) apricot preserves with some salt/pepper & Garlic Powder.
Have a Good week, Cookie :)

Wow Cookie that sounds terrific, I must try it. Do you cook it in a covered skillet? Is that what you meant by stove top?

Back