What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi y'all!

Buttah Pats

It's me, Rebecca! I'm an (almost) 30 year old mother of one and wife! I am a stay at home mama.

I love to cook.. Sometimes it turns out awesome, sometimes not so much! LOL It's a dart game for me! I enjoy the challenge! I'm not a fru-fru cook.. I like simple comfort foods and cooking recipes handed down for generations. I LOVE and appreciate ALL cuisine! Especially Italian because it's steeped in tradition, values, and is centered around the family table. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't deep fry a napkin if I thought it was edible! :p I'm southern my blood is 35% Crisco. :D

Welcome to the forum Rebecca. You will love it here. It's nice to have another youngster here (I have kids older than you) but I should lie about my age. Who would know. I tried once to tell people that was me on jglass' avatar. Anyway, welcome aboard.

Hey Rebecca I love ya already, you're just 100% perfect in my book! I love all cusines as well; but Sothern Comfort Foods are hard to beat!!! I am a working GrandMa and raising a 9 yr old Grandchild and have 3 other grandchildren that do not live with me! I also have lots of step-grandchildren that live with us (3) and so my home is very full. I am so happy there are still Mom's that can stay at home it is the greatest job ever!!! My step-daughter that lives with us is also a stay-at-home Mom, and her hubby works. We all love to cook around here and or eat! It is a great forum, I hope you will love it here!

Welcome!

P.S. I really love Cherokee, North Carolina do you live near there? We live in the North West corner of Georgia.

Last edited:
Hi Rebecca. My name is Janie. Sounds like you and I have some things in common when it comes to our favorite foods. I live in Kentucky so I am all about southern comfort food. My second favorite is Italian food. My cookbook collection is all southern comfort food, italian food and a splash of asian food.
I just ordered a few new used cookbooks from Amazon today.
I ordered one bread making book along with two southern cooking books and one classic italian cooking book.

Hey Rebecca, thats me up there on jglass' avatar. Trust me. :rolleyes:

BTW that "Hi ya'll" I love it. You will fit right in. I just love you already.

Last edited:
Hi Rebecca and welcome to Spice Place! I sleep days and work nights so I usually contribute hours after ya'll have gone to bed (although sometimes janie's a night-owl, too!) :)

And for what it's worth- I'm not the guy in janie's current avatar- I'm the one she had yesterday- the young hunky sexy actor-dude with the open shirt. (Hee-Hee!) Actually, I'm the guy in my own avatar- chunky and extra-large for all the world to see! :)

I cooked professionally from the time I was just 14 until I turned 39- so my kitchen career lasted 25 years. I spent time at hotels, country clubs and at resorts in Alaska operated by Princess Cruises. I side-stepped out of gourmet food and strted slingin' hash and serving-up meat and potatoes at remote site work-camps for Alaska's oil, commmercial-fishing and mining industries before calling it quits. I loved kitichens, but they were hot and demanding and I decided to move back home to rural central Illinois to be near aging parents- and these days I work the graveyard shift in the basement of a Fortune-25 company in a completely unrelated field.

I love all food- from fancy/schmancy foo-foo, to basic homestyle GRUB- I'm definitely not a food-snob! My favorties are caramel pop-corn, grilled beef, grilled salmon, fried chicken, cheese & crackers, fruit and cheesecake.

Anyway- as you can see- this is a friendly foodie forum made up of fantastic, neighborly folks! And we're mighty-fine glad to have ya! :)

Lastly, lotsa Southerners here- as well as folks from ALL OVER! I've called Illinois and Alaska home- but one day I hope to retire to a cabin in NW North Carolina- at which time I will host everybody from Spice Place to a weekend of Alaskan Barbecuing and tent-camping in my back-yard! :)

but one day I hope to retire to a cabin in NW North Carolina- at which time I will host everybody from Spice Place to a weekend of Alaskan Barbecuing and tent-camping in my back-yard! :)

Oh my gosh Kevin that sounds so inviting and I just know we would have a blast! Can I get my reservations in like right NOW!:D

Last edited:
Hi Welcome! lol 35% crisco that's funny! I'm 50% Pasta and olive oil! Cookie :)

Last edited:
Back