What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Way of Crushing Peppermint Disc Candies...

chubbyalaskagriz

Hey guys... I want to used crushed peppermint disc candies for some things as Christmas draws near. Only trouble is- the canides I've gotten are so hard I'm having troble crushing them properly. It seems either the pieces remain too big to do much with- or they pulverize into powdery dust, with no happy in-between. I've tried the Cuisinart, hammering a gallon-sized ziplock to hell w/ a rolling-pin, and even placing a baggie of'em in a clean tube sock and slinging it onto the surface of my hard concrete/stone patio outdoors. Nothing's working. Any hints?

Good idea Rick - I have found that the candy formulas have changed myself. After beating the crap out of them in a plastic bag I have to put them through a fine sieve to get rid of the "dust" and try re-beating again. It's a vicious cycle.

Next time - I'm make my own candy to crush!

Actually- someone somewhere else also recommended trying to crush candy canes versus the super-hard pepermint discs.. so I'll try both. Thanks Rick & mama! :)

Back