Dec 9  # 1 of 4
Hey guys... I want to used crushed peppermint disc candies for some things as Christmas draws near. Only trouble is- the canides I've gotten are so hard I'm having troble crushing them properly. It seems either the pieces remain too big to do much with- or they pulverize into powdery dust, with no happy in-between. I've tried the Cuisinart, hammering a gallon-sized ziplock to hell w/ a rolling-pin, and even placing a baggie of'em in a clean tube sock and slinging it onto the surface of my hard concrete/stone patio outdoors. Nothing's working. Any hints?
Dec 9  # 2 of 4
How about crushing that peppermint ribbon candy we see this time of year instead of the discs ? Maybe that would work.
Dec 9  # 3 of 4
Good idea Rick - I have found that the candy formulas have changed myself. After beating the crap out of them in a plastic bag I have to put them through a fine sieve to get rid of the "dust" and try re-beating again. It's a vicious cycle.

Next time - I'm make my own candy to crush!
Dec 10  # 4 of 4
Actually- someone somewhere else also recommended trying to crush candy canes versus the super-hard pepermint discs.. so I'll try both. Thanks Rick & mama! :)