Jan 7  # 1 of 8
Ok you have to have another idea for 'taters??? Try my favorite easy recipe:

several lbs peeled potatoes cut into quarters
boil until tender
drain, melt 1/2 stick butter in a pot adding some soft butter too, salt & pepper add lots of dried or fresh chopped parsley stir until well blended add a little moisture if they look too dry they should not be wet, but not too moist either!

These go well with any meal!
Jan 7  # 2 of 8
Sounds good Cathy, I'm gonna try this one :)
Jan 7  # 3 of 8
They ought to go really good with some of your smoked ribs or even a steak!

Hey I just saw on the news you guys got a good little bit of snow up there in Apple Orchard land! It was not too shabby here either, the kids got all excited because there is no school tomorrow! And I got let out of my jail cell at work at 4:30 instead of 6:00 Yipee!!! I even took a brief siesta when I got home, this is great sleeping weather:D I am keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow, it will be 17° here tonight, and I can imagine our entire parking lot at work will be black ice tomorrow. One of our employees almost slid to his rear end on the way out to our cars when we left work, he hit a place on the side walk where it was solid ice and he went sailing. Thank God he was not hurt, I hated to think of him being injured, he is a great person and just did not need that!
Jan 7  # 4 of 8
I do the same with steamed taters; when done, cut and toss with butter, salt, pepper, and parsley.
Jan 8  # 5 of 8
I think I posted this once before, but for something kinda Scandinavian- and a bit different, but delicious, boil up some potatoes- either quartered/sliced reds w/ skin on or off- OR Idaho russets- peeled and chunked... melt an amount of butter and while still hot whisk-in an equal amount of sour cream. (Say- melt 2/3 c. butter, then whisk-in 2/3 c. sour cream.) Then stir in either dried or fresh dill, and S&P. Toss the hot, cooked taters in this- YUMMY with darned near anything!