Jan 30  # 1 of 15
said something really stupid and callous to a friend. It hurt her and I was really wrong to say it. I was in an annoyed mood- I was caught at a bad, bad moment and what I said reflected that. No excuses- I was pretty ugly- and really wrong for it.

I'm making a blackberry-jam bundt cake and a bowl of whipped cream to take to her this afternoon to see if she'll accept my humble, heartfelt apology- and I hope she does 'cause I was stupid- and she's too good a friend for me to lose.

What food have you all used to make nice? Or has anyone offered something so delicious to you that made it too hard to stay mad at them?
Jan 30  # 2 of 15
been there done that -

when I make "nice-nice" (maybe it's a woman thing - we always have to repeat ourselves to be heard - guys say it once and forget it - but we women have the memory of an elephant and never let it go) its always something extra special that they will like

and then again - don't forget the Italian way of doing it - some of those tempers combined with their stubborness - and they "bury" you before you are dead!

I've seen Italians that have a disagreement "bury" their opponent in a blink - "that's it - he's dead in my book - I never want to lay eyes on him again - I spit on his grave" - you know what I mean
Jan 30  # 3 of 15
Wow. I hope I don't tick-off Mama today.
Jan 30  # 4 of 15
Quote jpshaw wrote:
Wow. I hope I don't tick-off Mama today.

Outta my way... I don't have time for you this morning, John. I'm taking coffee and a berry scone to mama! :)
Jan 30  # 5 of 15
you guys kill me!

yes I have "buried" a few in my time - but those b.a.s.t........ don't deserve to live among the human race -

one just passed recently and I wish I were a man so I could **** on his grave - he was that bad

for me to bury anyone - they have to be so bad that no one likes them