What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waffle Maker

jglass

I finally ordered myself a Presto Flipside Electric Waffle Maker. I got it on sale so I decided to go for it. I have a little cheap one I picked up at a local thrift store. I am looking forward to it.

I am trying to cut back on ordering so many gizmos. I am running out of room :eek:

Got it in the mail today. I am looking forward to trying it out this weekend. I have a gingerbread waffle recipe I want to try.

aaaaaaaah, the waffle . . . .

our waffle iron died years back; Christmas 2008 my daughter, after much research, got me a flip-thingie by Hamilton Beach for the "Belgian" / deep waffles.

I love it. then again, anything that makes a waffle I'm very fond of [g]

have you 'discovered' the yeast waffle types?
idle curiosity - I've tried 4/5 yeast types - keep thinking I might be missing something - the yeasties are good, but I still prefer the ole fashion baking powder types.

I finally got to try it yesterday. I made gingerbread waffles. They were wonderful and the machine works great.

super!

I've found I can slightly undercook "the rest of the batch" - let them cool, bag individually & freeze -

then toasterize them "on demand" - so much better than anything commerical and you've 'got control'

Make chocolate ones! Then slice some ice cream of choice and make ice cream sandwiches with them! Wrap individually and freeze!
I love my Belgian waffle maker too - dust with confectioners' sugar and heap on the berries - or even the strawberries fixed like you would for shortcake! mmmmmm

Back