Mar 6  # 1 of 14
Had a lot of fun last year at our party and are planning basically the same menu. The only thing I am doing different is I bought the brisket about 2 weeks ago and froze it. It is really hard to get fresh brisket around here near St. Patty's day because they are all making it into corned beef. I plan on thawing it out in the fridge on Tuesday, and start the "corning" on Friday.

I used to use a couple big pots to brine the meat in, but the party has gotten so large now, that I have to make almost 100 pounds of corned beef so I bought a big plastic tote at the store that will fit in the fridge and will brine all of them in that. I hope there is nothing unforeseen doing that. I doubt it will matter.

Are you all planning anything?
Mar 7  # 2 of 14
Well in NY for St. Patrick's day they are enforcing rules regarding consuming alcohol. Now how on earth are you going to enjoy St. Patrick's Day without some alcohol, the bars are going to hurt badly!
Mar 7  # 3 of 14
news to me - I'm in NY - didn't hear that one - the bars are ready to dye the beer green again!
Mar 7  # 4 of 14
NY here and getting ready to die my liver green too.. :)
Mar 7  # 5 of 14
Quote Jafo232 wrote:
NY here and getting ready to die my liver green too.. :)

LOL!!!

I am sure that Scubalaydee is talking about NY City trying to curb the excesses of some in the city getting a little tooo rowdy during their celebrating! It is a sad thing when folks have to be threatened with another "prohibition" in order to behave themselves!

Scubalaydee personally I would opt to stay home & party big time right in the comfort of my own space as Jafo does and then>>>>ya ain't gotta worry in da world 'bout nutin' honey!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to one and all!!!