What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the site.

KelsChipPIT

Hi all, I am Kelli, I am an owner and operator of a chip truck located in Ontario Canada. I m interested in making friends with other refreshment trucks owners. I would also like to share recipes with others who enjoy cooking as much as I do.

Last edited:
Kelli, I'd love to talk to you sometime about something I've been thinking of. I've been thinking of a trailer mounted smoker as a concession stand.

Hi, sure I will talk to you about regarding what you are seeking. If you want to email me, feel free to do so, I will try my best to answer any questions you may have. I will state, I have not seen any smokers in Ontario, but then again, I have no time for fairs anymore lol:(

Kelli, I'd love to talk to you sometime about something I've been thinking of. I've been thinking of a trailer mounted smoker as a concession stand.

Rick, my SIL did just that. After 2 years it's up for sale. It was a great trailer though. They brought it to my house to fix me ribs once and all the neighbers were throwing stuff in there. It would cook a bunch. He would run it as a concession or just rent the trailer.

Hi, guess I am a foodie lol since I cook for a living. I love being self employed and my customers are awesome, if enough ask me for a certain food item, they would like to see on the truck, I do my best to put it on my menu.

I want to mention too, my chip truck used to be a bread delivery truck, it was converted with fryers a grill, 3 sinks, a fridge, counters etc. and the truck is a 1983 gmc and she still runs lol

Hi Kelli- and welcome to Spice Place! I'm Kevin.

I was a chef for many years but never did anything as you describe.

I had a sous chef working for me in Fairbanks, Alaska named Vivian and when she gave notice and left the hotel we worked at she did so to start-up her own Food Wagon.

She called it "Viv's Catfish on Wheels". She served several Southern-style meals in baskets like fried chicken, fried catfish, ribs and brisket w/ sides such as potato salad and cole slaw, corn on the cob, potato wedges, corn muffins and sweet tea, and she traveled around to several popular industrial areas around lunch time and she made a KILLING!

Morning, yes these trucks do make good money, the better the location you have, the more you make. I know another chip truck owner, and he makes over 200 grand a year. Minus the cost of supplies and wages, still makes good money.

I for once, have a job, I do not consider work, when you love what you do, and look forward to be there each day, its a blessing that I have choosen to go that way.

My truck is located at one location, but I am in the works of making it mobile, I want to be available to fairs, outdoor events etc.

Where I am located, I had the actor Robin Williams visit me while filming Man of the Year. Robin loves my poutine lol

Back