Apr 7  # 1 of 14
I've had more kitchen blunders than successful ones...

One of these was making a bunch of pretzels that was absolutely unedible. It was so tough that my brother even calls it the "iron pretzels". :D
Apr 8  # 2 of 14
Oh golly. TOO many to even mention!

One I clearly recall is this: At one of my first-ever restaurant jobs I was making a huge batch of 1000 Island Dressing in an extra-large Hobart floor mixer.

I added several #10 cans of ketchup, chili sauce, gallons of pickle relish, 5 gallon buckets of mayo, etc. And without checking the mixer-speed I flipped the "ON" switch.

Well, the damned mixer was set on #3 which was the highest/fastest speed and let me tell you- 1000 Island Dresing was FLYING everywhere!

It was spilling out SO VIOLENTLY that I could not even approach the quick-moving mixing machine to turn the switch OFF! It took several of us forever to mop and clean that mess up- and years later there were still pink 1000 Island Dressing stains on the white ceiling tiles ten feet overhead! :) After that, whenever I made 1000 Island dressing the other cooks would poke fun at me and ask "Got'cher helmet, goggles and Hazmat suit on, Kevin?" Ha!
Apr 8  # 3 of 14
Why I have never had one!!!:D;)
Apr 8  # 4 of 14
Quote Cook Chatty Cathy wrote:
Why I have never had one!!!:D;)
Wow! lucky you!! :D
Apr 9  # 5 of 14
I've never had one - but I've seen enough to last a few lifetimes!