Apr 26  # 1 of 6
I've come across of this recipe and it was asking for a 35% cream? What is that? Is there a substitute for that?
Apr 26  # 2 of 6
35% cream is LIGHT whipping cream.

"Light" meaning less fat than the standard 36%++ HEAVY whipping cream which is standard for most desserts.

The 35% cream whips up fine but it has a slightly "less sturdy" consistency and goes flat a bit sooner. As far as taste it's kind of like the difference between drinking whole milk and skim. Nothing significant at all- but your tongue can tell them apart.
Apr 26  # 3 of 6
will this help for any future reference?

■Half and Half = 12% butterfat
■Single Cream = 20% butterfat
■Light Cream = 20% (range 18-30%) butterfat
■Whipping Cream = 30%
■Heavy Cream = 36-38% butterfat
■Clotted Cream = 55-60% butterfat
Apr 27  # 4 of 6
Nice this type of thing is so handy, never know when you might need it. We took a cooking vacation and they taught us a few tips and tricks that I keep in the back of my favorite cook book. We eat better every time we take a cooking vacation (2 so far now) and you can tell. Putting on a bit more weight ;) The last one we learned a ton about spices and I have always used the norm, nothing fancy. Its amazing that a single spice can do so much and multiple ones, holy cow watch out I'm a chef in the making!
Apr 27  # 5 of 6
Hi angdeer- and welcome to Spice Place!

You just found the cooooooolest foodie-site on the web- w/ the FRIENDLIEST folks! I'm kevin.