Nov 10  # 1 of 6
Where can I find: Dry/Dried Green Pepper that is produced in the United States...or is it all imported from far away countries? Available in supermarkets or specialty stores to buy or do I have to order online? I only want an ordinary spice jar size...not a bulk amount. Recipes I've found for making Sloppy Joe Mix at home mostly call for Dry Green Pepper. I assume they mean "Bell" peppers finely chopped and dried. Thanks for any help...
Nov 10  # 2 of 6
I usually dry my own because it is much cheaper. But you can find it in the spice aisle right along with the rest of the spices and herbs.
Nov 10  # 3 of 6
The best place to buy such things is at Penzeys Spices Home Page and specifically for your bell peppers....

Spices at Penzeys Spices Bell Peppers
Nov 11  # 4 of 6
Quote Mama Mangia wrote:
I usually dry my own because it is much cheaper. But you can find it in the spice aisle right along with the rest of the spices and herbs.

Not in the local supermarket I use, but there are 3 other chain stores nearby that I was going to check out to see if they carry them. Thanks, "Mama"..
Nov 11  # 5 of 6
Quote CanMan wrote:
The best place to buy such things is at Penzeys Spices Home Page and specifically for your bell peppers....

Aha...a friend just mentioned Penzeys to me. I checked your link and saw they have various sizes of dried green bell peppers. Thanks for your help, CanMan!