What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Found a Bunny

I do not get it til next weekend. She sent me a pic but it isnt very good. She took the pic with a camera phone. He is a blue eye fuzzy white holland lop.

This is his Mommy so you can get an idea of what he will look like.

I have promised myself I will not get this one overweight like I did with my last bunny. It is harder on the bunny and harder on the owner. I let Baron have to much junk and he was about 5 pounds overweight which is a whole lot for a bunny. Hollands should weigh 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 pounds tops. She said he was born Jan 11 so he is just a baby.

We need a name for this one. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I have promised myself I will not get this one overweight like I did with my last bunny. It is harder on the bunny and harder on the owner. I let Baron have to much junk and he was about 5 pounds overweight which is a whole lot for a bunny. Hollands should weigh 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 pounds tops. She said he was born Jan 11 so he is just a baby.

We need a name for this one. Any suggestions?

It's obvious how about Holland, it is a boys name :D

Thanks Rick I will add that to the list.
So far Jon likes the names Riot, Renegade and Dash.
Baron was my english angora. We have had other small pets like hamsters with names like Pyro, Rebel and Rogue so you can get the idea of the names we go for. I had a pair of teddy bear hammies once named Pyro and Cinder. We always kind of go for the odd names I guess.

So far we have Holland, Bounce, Sinatra, Riot, Renegade, Dash and Rumble. You should hear some of the names Jon has come up with that I have rejected. They sound like names for guard dogs instead of a fluffy baby bunny. Im not digging Renegade but Jon likes it. Some of his other suggestions have been along the lines of Shredder and Claws :rolleyes:
At the rate we are going we are never going to agree on a name lol.

I was doing some reading on why this bunny has wool hair and his Mom and Dad are regular fur bunnies. When they introduced colors into Holland lines years ago they also introduced the wool gene. Occasionally you still get a wool kit out of a litter. It doesnt happen often. Instead of having hair like his Mom or Dad he has wool like my other bunny Baron did except his will not be as long and dense and will not require haircuts like Baron had to have. While a baby he looks a lot like a english angora kit.
Baron died three years ago this June. I was afraid I had forgotten to much about bunny care but when I started reading up on it again it all came right back to me. I actually researched english angora care and their health problems for almost two years before getting Baron. Those bunnies can be prone to a lot of health problems. Caring for his little guy is going to require much of the same. Since he has wool fur he is going to be prone to the same issues as B was.
I am really looking forward to buying bunny toys and treats again.

I like that name :)
I told him this bunny looks like a little powder puff with two little blue eyes. Killer or Cujo are not names I would think of when I look at this bunny. This one is every bit the ball of fluff Baron was but he will be about 1/3 the size of B when he is full grown. I wonder if this one will torture the dog like the others did. Every bunny I have ever had loved to chase the dog and nip at him. I think they could all sense the chicken in him.

I knew a girl who named her bunny Fluffer til a while later and some of her friends told her that is what they call the girls who get the guys "ready" for action when they make adult films lol. She changed her bunny's name.

Last edited:
Back