Mar 28  # 1 of 12
To our Dear Family here at SP -

As you know - I had posted a HELP post here regarding spammers. And as you all know - I am out-numbered when it comes to spammers posting. I want to thank you all for your kindness and encouragement. From the heart I thank you.

BUT - Kevin made a post which I have pasted here:

Not to worry mama- they're probably all gathered at some spammers convention in Vegas or something learning new and improved ways of spewing their whacky ridiculousness! I predict they'll be back soon in full force- stronger and goofier than ever! The dad-blasted rascal scalliwags!

It was KEVIN'S POST that has kept me up. Sleepless nights. Making my mind work. What can I do? What can I do? What can I do? (as I click my ruby red slippers - actually my pink bunny slippers - together three times...)

Should I go to the Emerald City and plea for help from the Grand Wizard of Oz?

Just what can I do? (as Kevin's words play through my mind over and over again...........)

THEN IT CAME TO ME!

I decided to go to the SPAM convention - I wanted to see what made azzhole idiots like them do what they do. I wanted to get into their maggot minds and see what makes real jerks tick!

And I want you to know what I came away with -

Monte Cristo Sandwich

1 (12-ounce) can SPAM luncheon meat
6 slices Muenster cheese, halved
12 slices white bread
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons margarine

Cut SPAM into 12 slices. Layer cheese and SPAM® on 6 slices of bread; top with remaining bread slices. Mix eggs with milk; quickly dip both sides of sandwiches into egg mixture. Saute in margarine on griddle or skillet over medium heat until cheese melts and both sides are browned. Serve immediately.

Broiled Spam Appetizers

1 (7-ounce) can SPAM luncheon meat, finely cubed
1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Toast triangles, party rye slices, or crackers

In bowl, combine all ingredients (except toast). Spread mixture on toast or crackers. Place on baking sheet. Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Makes 32 appetizers.

SPAM French Bread Pizza

1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread
1 (12-ounce) can SPAM, cubed
1 cup chunky-style spaghetti sauce
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese

Heat oven to 425°F. In large skillet, sauté vegetables in oil 3-4 minutes or until tender. Cut bread in half lengthwise. Remove soft center, leaving two bread shells. Spoon vegetables and SPAM into bread shells. Spoon spaghetti sauce over SPAM. Sprinkle with cheese. Place shells on baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Makes 8 servings.

SPAM Cupcakes

For cupcakes:
2 (12-ounce) cans of SPAM
3 eggs, slightly beaten
2/3 cup quick cooking oatmeal
3/4 cup milk

For glaze:
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon water
4 cups prepared instant mashed potatoes

Cooking Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F. For cupcakes, grate SPAM into a large bowl. Add eggs, oatmeal and milk; mix well. Lightly spray a regular size muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Fill each muffin tin two-thirds full with SPAM mixture. For glaze, combine all glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Heat 20-30 seconds in microwave until sugar is melted. Lightly spoon glaze mixture over SPAM. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until mixture is set. Meanwhile, prepare 4 cups of instant mashed potatoes. Remove cupcakes from oven and top each serving with instant potatoes. Heat broiler. Return muffin tin to oven. Heat 1-2 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned. If desired, garnish with fresh chives or parsley. Makes 12 servings.

SPAM? Croquettes

1 SPAM® Classic (12-ounce) can flaked
3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs divided
1/3 cup minced celery
1/3 cup minced green onion
1 egg
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup minced parsley or cilantro
1/4 cup Light Olive Oil
Salsa

Cook Time 30 minutes Combine SPAM®, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, celery, green onions, egg, mayonnaise, mustard, and parsley. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Place remaining bread crumbs in shallow dish. Form 2 tablespoons SPAM? mixture into patties 1/2-inch thick. Coat with bread crumbs and fry until golden brown on both sides. Serve warm with salsa.

It was SOOOOOOO worth going!

Thank you Kev!!!!!
:rolleyes:
Mar 28  # 2 of 12
Mama. I think that you went to a Redneck Convention by mistake.
Mar 29  # 3 of 12
oh well - just a dumb blond with no sense of direction! LOL
Mar 29  # 4 of 12
Quote Mama Mangia wrote:
oh well - just a dumb blond with no sense of direction! LOL

Some how I don't think so. CF:)
Mar 29  # 5 of 12
gee CF - wait till you get to know me better!!! I sure can be ditzy at times - MANY times!