Apr 26  # 1 of 4
Was just the wife and I for dinner, so one Chicken was enough. OK so how you wanna cook it. She says I don't care as long as you cook it.
I am thinking Spatchcock on the grill. No this is not just any Chicken, its a Wal-Mart Chicken. New item, fresh never frozen, free range, no hormones, blah,blah. Course they cost more so its got to be better "right". It was real tasty. CF:)
Spatchcocked, and all rub-ed down with secret spices.

HoochieMamaRub.jpg

Glazed with a little Mustard sauce, Really tasty.

GlazedwithMustardSauce.jpg
Aug 10  # 2 of 4
I know this reply is over 2 years after the post. I've done this a few times. There are some putrist that only split it down the back but I'm one of those that remove the backbone since I find little meat on it. I've never tried the mustard sauce though. Will have to try it. I assume you just dropped in on the grill.
Aug 10  # 3 of 4
JP, I like spatchcock because it helps the bird cook more even. I cook indirect, not over flame or coals. Pit temp about 250-275°. Some cook hotter. When the bird is not quite done (about 150- 155°) I will brush more sauce and move to direct heat to crisp the skin. I heat rubber chicken skin. When the middle of the thigh temp is 160-170° Its ready for some good eats. I use a probe type temp Gage. I would love to have a digital read gage, but just wont spend the hundred dollars. I cook all meat to temp. CF:)
JP, rub meat with yellow mustard or oil, Keeps the rub on. After cooking you will not taste the mustard.

Southern pork or chicken Rub

1/4 cup ground black pepper
1/4 cup paprika
1/4 cup Turbinado sugar or brown sugar
1 Tablespoons table salt
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper Or more of what ever you like for some heat.

Mix ingredients thoroughly. Makes enough rub for one pork butt
Jun 30  # 4 of 4
This looks like a good rub to try and time I do a chicken and a butt.

Thanks for the reminder.