2 1/4 C all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3 tbls. vegetable oil
1 large egg

For Filling:

1/2 C bread crumbs
1/2 C butter, melted, divided
1/2 C sugar
3 pounds cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced (8 cups)
1 tbls. lemon juice
1/2 C raisins
1/2 C sliced almonds, toasted
3/4 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 and spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.

For the dough, combine the flour, salt, 1/2 cup warm water, 2 tbls. oil and the egg in a food processor bowl. Process until the mixture forms a dough, about 30 seconds. Remove the dough and shape into a ball. Brush with the remaining oil. Let stand for 30 minutes.

For the filling, combine the bread crumbs and 6 tbls. butter in a small skillet. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally until the crumbs are lightly browned, 1-3 minutes. Stir in 1 tbls. sugar. Remove from heat. Combine the apples, lemon juice, raisins, almonds, remaining sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.

Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 16X12-inch rectangle. Sprinkle flour over a clean cloth. Lift the dough and place it on the cloth. Spread the bread crumb mixture over the dough to within 1 inch of the sides. Spoon the apple mixture over the dough at a 16-inch edge. Carefully roll up the strudel, folding in the side edges, and using the cloth to help lift.

Transfer the strudel, seam side down, onto the prepared baking sheet. Brush with 1 tbls. butter.

Bake, occasionally brushing with the remaining melted butter, until golden brown and the apples are tender, about 1 hour. Serve warm or at room temperature. This is incredible!! :):)
Jul 1  # 2 of 3
OMG! I have never ate any apple related dish. I hope my children will like it.
Jul 1  # 3 of 3
Good morning - I'll bet your kids will love it - mine sure did. Apples are really very good for them and they get lots of vitamins and nourishing things in their diets without even realizing that Mom fed them something that was good for them! And welcome to the forum! :)