Jun 10  # 1 of 4
Ingredients:

For Pastry:

1 C all-purpose flour
1/2 C quick-cooking oatmeal
1/2 C shortening
1 tsp. salt
4 to 6 tbls. ice water

Mix the flour, oatmeal and salt together. Cut in shortening until the mixture looks like small peas. Add water one tbls. at a time, mixing lightly with a fork, until the dough holds together. Roll out on a lightly floured surface. Place in an 8-inch pie pan.

For Cherry filling:

1 14.5 oz can red, pitted, tart cherries, undrained
1 C sugar
6 tbls. cornstarch
1/2 C cold water

For Topping:

3/4 C all-purpose flour
1 C quick-cooking oatmeal
1/2 C brown sugar
6 tbls. butter
1/2 C chopped pecans

Directions:

Mix flour, oatmeal and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Add nuts.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place the undrained cherries in a saucepan. Add sugar and heat. In a small bowl, mix the water and cornstarch. Add it to the cherries. Stir over medium heat until thickened. Pour the mixture into the unbaked piecrust. Sprinkle with topping. Bale for 35 to 40 minutes.
Jun 10  # 2 of 4
OK, you got me again. You know I love sweets. CF:)
Jun 10  # 3 of 4
Good afternoon CF - I'm a bit afraid I'm unable to apologize for posting recipes such as this one - all sweets play a big part in what I do for a living.
As well as being a personal chef for some local folks, I also cater lots of parties and receptions where the star performers are all things sweet. My husband assures me that when it comes to pies and cakes I'm "pure evil" where his wasteline is concerned. (But I just figure that the more there is of him, the more there is for me to love!) Anyway, I hope you and your family enjoy this pie. It really is quite special and I get a lot of call for it. :D
Jun 10  # 4 of 4
OK, I made the pie. I didn't have cherries but had strawberries. It cooling now so don't know how it turned out. It looks good. I did however have a wee amount of topping left over. CF:)