2 beaten eggs
1 stick butter, melted
1 C buttermilk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon juice or other flavouring
1 unbaked pie shell

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Line pie pan with pastry shell - flute edges and keep crust chilled until ready to use.

Combine all other ingredients and pour into pie crust.

Bake for 45 minutes - do not open oven door during baking time.

This "old fashioned" pie is absolutely delicious - tastes like lemon merange pie with an attitude...and no merange. Really good. :)
Jun 20  # 2 of 6
Thank you - love this pie!
Jun 20  # 3 of 6
OK, I copied the recipe. Maybe to go with my pork roast tonight. CF:)
Jun 20  # 4 of 6
Ok, CF, here's a fair exchange for you......I have a set of triplets who all have the same name - in three different languages; English, Irish and Scottish; John (English), Sean (Irish) and Ian (my redheaded, chile-eating Scot. How's about if I send them all to your house tonight for supper - Ian can pick tons of chile peppers and eat them out of hand until his eyes finally do water, Sean loves anything pork and John can carry the buttermilk pie I'll send along with them. Fair? Maybe you can get a tad of farm work out of those strapping lads, too................... :D
Jun 20  # 5 of 6
A very temping offer, but I made my own pie. If your guys eat like mine did,I can't afford the help. I must say it is super good. I did add some lemon zest, my wife likes lemon a lot. Many thanks for the recipe. CF:)

Buttermilk Pie
ButterMilkPie.jpg