What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pecan Pie

ChileFarmer

I love simple but good, this pie has to be the one.

Pecan Pie

Ingredients

1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup (white or dark)
3 tablespoon butter (melted)
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup chopped pecans

Directions

Add pecans to unbaked pie crust
Mix all other ingredients pour into pie crust.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 min.

PecanPie6-29-11.jpg

CF - This pecan pie looks so good - another notch in our belts (outward by at least one or two more notches!). You're not playing fair! :D

Katie

Thank you, deserts don't last long around here. They are not eaten, they are inhaled. I do cheat, we buy the ready made frozen crust. I like pet Ritz best deep dish. I want it to hold all the pie it can. CF:)

Thank you, deserts don't last long around here. They are not eaten, they are inhaled. I do cheat, we buy the ready made frozen crust. I like pet Ritz best deep dish. I want it to hold all the pie it can. CF:)
I have lots of photos, you are welcome to view them. Many sub folders.
Pictures by ChileFarmer - Photobucket

Good afternoon, CF - I took a look at all those gorgeous photos.......and probably gained another 10 pounds just from looking. Nearly drowned in all the drooling!! Just out of curiosity, the one photo, "red sky".......was that a wonderful sunset or a forest fire? Blazing color, whatever it was! Both "The Chef" and I were struck by how beautiful your home, yard and residence is!
Palatial!! The flowers and plantings are awesome. So says "The Chef". Incidently, I, too, use a lot of pre-made pie crusts. Pillsbury Ready Crusts are my choice. They are always flakey and make a nice addition to a good filling. I'll have to try the Pet Ritz, though I've never seen them in the market where I usually shop. :)

Pleased you enjoyed the photos. As you can see I am interested in just about every thing.
Red sky photo is really a sun rise. I am an early riser and go outside first thing to look at the world. Just to say thank you lord for the day. And that was what I saw, had to have a photo.
The yard, is hard work but we enjoy it.
Pie crust, Pet Ritz is a frozen ready made in the pan, by Pillsbury. I Get the deep dish 9 5/8". CF:)

Easy to see, sir, that you're a "William of Many Trades" and Master of just about every one of them! We all get up pretty early around here, too, as my husband has to be at work at 7am and my unmarried son is off and running by 5am.......and everyone wants breakfast before they leave the house. My other two boys - the married ones - have their wives pretty well trained to be early to rise, as well - and then they all troop over to our house to catch that early breakfast! I must be doing something right, huh? I just wonder how they'll all survive when my husband and I leave to spend half of this month and all of August with my family in Cornwall? Will they genteely starve to death? Not bloody likely! At least Ian will cook for them if they're willing to be here for a 4am breakfast................................................:D

Back