Jun 30  # 1 of 7
I love simple but good, this pie has to be the one.

Pecan Pie

Ingredients

1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup (white or dark)
3 tablespoon butter (melted)
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup chopped pecans

Directions

Add pecans to unbaked pie crust
Mix all other ingredients pour into pie crust.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 min.

PecanPie6-29-11.jpg
Jul 1  # 2 of 7
CF - This pecan pie looks so good - another notch in our belts (outward by at least one or two more notches!). You're not playing fair! :D

Katie
Jul 1  # 3 of 7
Thank you, deserts don't last long around here. They are not eaten, they are inhaled. I do cheat, we buy the ready made frozen crust. I like pet Ritz best deep dish. I want it to hold all the pie it can. CF:)
Jul 1  # 4 of 7
Thank you, deserts don't last long around here. They are not eaten, they are inhaled. I do cheat, we buy the ready made frozen crust. I like pet Ritz best deep dish. I want it to hold all the pie it can. CF:)
I have lots of photos, you are welcome to view them. Many sub folders.
Pictures by ChileFarmer - Photobucket
Jul 1  # 5 of 7
Good afternoon, CF - I took a look at all those gorgeous photos.......and probably gained another 10 pounds just from looking. Nearly drowned in all the drooling!! Just out of curiosity, the one photo, "red sky".......was that a wonderful sunset or a forest fire? Blazing color, whatever it was! Both "The Chef" and I were struck by how beautiful your home, yard and residence is!
Palatial!! The flowers and plantings are awesome. So says "The Chef". Incidently, I, too, use a lot of pre-made pie crusts. Pillsbury Ready Crusts are my choice. They are always flakey and make a nice addition to a good filling. I'll have to try the Pet Ritz, though I've never seen them in the market where I usually shop. :)