Jul 12  # 1 of 6
This is one of the pies I remember when I was young. I made one to day, it was so good. I just wanted to share with all. CF:)

Old Fashion Buttermilk Pie
Ingredients:

1 1/3 C sugar
3 Tbs. Flour
2 beaten eggs
1 stick butter, melted
1 C buttermilk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon juice or other flavoring
1 unbaked pie shell

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Line pie pan with pastry shell - flute edges and keep crust chilled until ready to use.

Combine all other ingredients and pour into pie crust.

Bake for 45 minutes - do not open oven door during baking time.

This "old fashioned" pie is absolutely delicious - tastes like lemon meringue pie with an attitude...and no meringue. Really good

ButtermilkPie7-12-11.jpg
Jul 13  # 2 of 6
Hey there CF, Your pie looks really good. This particular pie is one my Mum has made several times for us (I think she uses the same recipe you do) and it's a family favorite. So I'm doing what you suggested and "jumping right in here" to be a part of the action. I'm really looking forward to it.

Ian M.
Jul 13  # 3 of 6
Thanks Ian,Really nice to see you posting. With my bunch I almost have to bake a pie each day. I really don't mind, it is so hot out here I am enjoying staying in the house. I don't recall where the recipe came from. I have used it many times. You have any new projects cooking? CF:)
Jul 13  # 4 of 6
Thanks for the welcome and the response. Yes, I've got some new projects cooking up. The new class is coming in to school in August and all us old heads are trying to think of things we can do to impress the fumbling new chefs coming in. And I've got the house to myself while my folks are gone and am already planning some cookouts and things to try out on some of my buddies. My dad made me promise to leave the fur on the cats and the house standing so I suppose we can't get too carried away but a couple of good barbecues should be fun, I think. I'm going to try your sauce when I do it. Wish us luck.

Ian
Jul 13  # 5 of 6
CF, I forgot to mention that I was talking on the phone to a friend who lives in Fort Worth, TX this morning and he said the temperature was 104 down there. Frying eggs on the driveway, according to him. Is this really the way it is? Sometimes Clay exaggerates about his weather. We've been at around high 90s and my folks are complaining about that but it sounds pretty cool in comparison. If you're going to bake a pie a day I hope you have good A/C with all that baking going on.

Ian