What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple-Banana Pudding

Ian M.

Here's a pudding without sugar!

2 1/2 cups unsweetened apple juice
2 bananas
5 tablespoons cornstarch

Blend the bananas and apple juice in a blender. Add cornstarch and mix until well blended. Pour into a saucepan and cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Arrange the sliced bananas in the bottom of a serving dish and pour the hot mixture over the bananas. Chill until set. Believe it or not, this is really good.

OK Ian, I did your pudding. Course you know I had to play with the recipe a little.
In the blender, 2 bananas, 1 cored apple, 2.5 cups apple juice and 5 tablespoon cornstarch.
I kinda wanted a crust, I was going to use vanilla wafers but had none.
Covered the bottom of dish with frosted flakes cereal,just for a little crunch. Added sliced bananas in the round. Pudding was next, topped with meringue.CF:)

The crust:
TheBase.jpg

Pudding:
BananaApplePudding.jpg

Completed:
Finished.jpg

Ian, don't bother with the corn flakes, didn't work. The corn flakes got soggy. Maybe a hard cookie like oatmeal Might. Anyway it was pretty tasty. My thought was some crunch might be nice. I will be making it again, good recipe. CF:)

Hi everyone

I tried another recipe for making my pudding. But it included egg and it tasted very good. Just try out this one. Hope you would like it.

Ingredients
1 cup flour, 1½ cups sugar, 2 cups apple, 2 cups Banana, ½ cup butter, 2 nos. egg, ½ tsp. Baking Soda, 3 table spoons of milk

Preparation
1. Beat the butter and 3/4th of the sugar till fluffy.
2. Add one egg each and the flour and baking powder and mix the milk well with it.
3. Arrange the fruits in alternate layers sprinkling of sugar on each layer
till the sugar is finished.
4. This should be layered in an oven proof bowl.
5. Put the cake mixture evenly over it.
6. Bake it at 180 degree till done.
7. Insert a skewer in it, if it comes out clean it is cooked.
8. Serve this with cream or custard.

I know it would add too much to the calories as it's having butter but believe it's amazing in taste and looks good also.

Back