Oct 31  # 1 of 4
I haven't tried these yet, but you can bet your what ever I am gonna. The photo of them I saw was awesome. CF:)

[h=3]Maple Glazed Sour Cream Donuts [/h]
  • 3 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoons instant yeast
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup melted butter, slightly cooled
  • 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • Vegetable oil for frying
  • 2 cups icing/powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
  • 1/2 cup whipping cream
  1. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, yeast and salt.
  2. In another medium bowl beat the eggs and sugar together with a hand mixer until thick.
  3. Add the cooled butter, maple flavoring and sour cream to the egg/sugar mixture.
  4. Stir in the dry ingredients a bit at a time until it is all mixed in.
  5. Cover and refrigerate for one hour or up to four hours.
  6. Remove from refrigerator and roll out the dough on a floured surface to about 3/4 inch thick.
  7. Cut out donuts and place on a slightly floured surface, cover them with a clean tea towel and allow to sit 30 minutes.
  8. In a large heavy saucepan, heat enough oil to come up 1 1/2 inches deep. Heat the oil to 375 F.
  9. Fry several at a time, turning once when underside is browned.
  10. Remove from hot oil to a cooling rack that is set over a cookie sheet (which has parchment paper on it for easy clean up)
  11. Once the donuts have been fried, dip them in the glaze, smoothing with your fingertips and replace on the cooking rack to dry.
Glaze
  • 2 cups icing/powdered sugar
  • 6 - 8 tablespoons heavy cream
  • 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
Stir together in a bowl about the right size to dip your still warm doughnuts. Add a bit more cream if necessary. I usually put on thin plastic gloves and spread it evenly with my fingertips.
Return to cooking rack until dry.
Nov 2  # 2 of 4
MMM... CF. It's almost 7:00AM- I missed my midnight meal here at work- and about a half-dozen of these sure would hit the spot, I tell ya! :)
Nov 2  # 3 of 4
Kevin, you got that right. Not making them today but soon. Birthday cake for the wife tomorrow. So will have to wait a while. CF
Nov 2  # 4 of 4
ohhhhhh - how easy to change the flavoring too!

mmmmmm - with some hot tea! perfect!