What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Family Cookie Book 2011

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
American Family Cookie Book - 2011 was a real challenge to get.
Not because of me - because of them.

OK - to the "beginning" -

I received an email from a friend (which I am re-considering if this person is still my friend after what I went through) about the above mentioned book.

Heck - I love recipes and cooking and baking and I appreciate it when someone lets me in on something like this.

So I went to the site - and you need to answer a "few" questions before you can download.

After spending almost a half hour going through their crap I started to get really ****ed off. Now I know that my email box is going to be flooded with all kinds of crap - even the stuff I "skipped" not to put up with.

FINALLY - at the very end - I am going to download.

So I think.

What download?

Where?

Do you see a download?

I don't see any download for anything - just more "fluff" (for lack of a better word.)

Well - they are not going to get away with this - not after I have given them my email addy and they are going to whore me out to the world.

I contact them and complain about their false leads into getting information and email addy's to whore out and not coming through with the cookbook they so-called had for the download.

Yes - they did respond -

After several tries (they have a friggin' stupid download system!) I finally got it.

Now I will share it with you - nix the pics - the recipes are more important.

Feel free to pass it on to everyone you know - I spent an hour today deleting unwanted and unsolicited whore mail sent to me.

I will save you all the headache -

ENJOY!

50 Favorite Cookie Recipes Curated by AmericanFamily.com

Contents
Almond Butter Cookies .........................................03
Amaretto Butter Cookies.......................................04
Banana-Nut Cookies..............................................05
Banana Rum Coconut Cookies..............................06
Big Crunchy Sugar Cookies ...................................07
Biscotti Sticks.........................................................08
Bittersweet Sugar CookieMacaroons...................09
Black-and-White Cookies ......................................10
Candied Ginger-Citrus Cookies..............................11
Candy Cane Cookies ...............................................12
Cherry-PistachioWedding Cookies.......................13
Chocolate-Almond Cookies....................................14
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars ...................................15
Chocolate Chunk and Almond Cookies .................16
Chocolate Cookie Bites ...........................................17
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies..............................18
Chocolate Sandwich withMarshmallow Filling .....19
Cinnamon-Sugar Cookies......................................20
Coconut with Lemon Curd & Raspberries.............21
Cranberry-White Chocolate Cookies.....................22
Double Chocolate-Chip Cookies............................23
Double-ChocolateMeringue Cookies ...................24
Dulce de Leche-Filled Cookies ..............................25
Espresso Shortbread Cookies................................26
Ginger Chocolate Cookies ......................................27
Gingerbread Cookies .............................................28
Gingerbread Iced Cookies .....................................29
Gingerbread Ice-Cream Sandwiches ....................30
Lemon Sugar Cookies.............................................31
Macadamia & Ginger Cookies ...............................32
Molasses Cookies ...................................................33
Oatmeal Cookies ....................................................34
Oatmeal Toffee Cookies .........................................35
Oatmeal-Walnut Cookies ......................................36
Peanut Butter-Toffee Turtle Cookies.....................37
Pecan Bar Cookies..................................................38
PeppermintMolasses Cookies...............................39
Potato Chip Cookies ..............................................40
Raspberry LinzerWindowpane Cookies ...............41
Rudolph's Christmas Sugar Cookies .....................42
Sugar Cookies.........................................................43
Sugar Cookie Pops .................................................44
Tree Cookies ...........................................................45
Walnut Shortbread Cookies ..................................46
White Chocolate Cherry Cookies...........................47
White Chocolate Cookies 'n' Cream Fudge...........48
White Chocolate-Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies ...........49
White Chocolate, Strawberry & Oatmeal..............50
Wreath Cookies.......................................................51
Zucchini Cookies ....................................................52

Almond Butter Cookies
These rich, delicate almond cookies are perfect with a
cup of tea. You can store them airtight for up to 3 days.

3/4 cup (3/8 lb.) butter, at room temperature
8 ounces almond paste (about 1 cup)
2/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons almond extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup finely chopped almonds

1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, almond paste, and sugar
until very smooth. Beat in eggs and almond extract until well blended, scraping down sides
of bowl as needed.
2. In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir or beat into butter mixture
until well blended.
3. Place almonds in a shallow dish. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in almonds to coat.
Place balls 1 inch apart on buttered or cooking parchment-lined baking sheets.With a lightly
floured fork, flatten balls into 1 1/4-inch rounds.
4. Bake cookies in a 350° oven until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes; if baking more than one
pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking.With a wide spatula, transfer
cookies to racks to cool.

Attachments

• butter-cookies-su-1182838-l_large.jpg
    butter-cookies-su-1182838-l_large.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Amaretto Butter Cookies
These buttery cookies, which are decorated with sliced almonds
and flavored with orange peel and almond-flavor liqueur.

About 1 cup (1/2 lb.) butter or margarine at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, separated
3 tablespoons almond-flavored liqueur, such as amaretto, or 1 tablespoon almond extract
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
About 2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups sliced almonds

1. In a large bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat 1 cup butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg yolk, liqueur, and orange peel and beat until well blended.
2. In another bowl,mix 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to buttermixture; stir tomix, then beat until well blended. Gather dough into a ball, divide in
half, and flatten each portion into a disk; wrap each tightly in plastic wrap and freeze until firmenough to roll without sticking, about 30minutes.
3. Unwrap dough. On a lightly floured surface, with a floured rolling pin, roll one disk at a time to about 1/4 inch thick.With a floured, 2-inch round cutter, cut
out cookies. Place about 2 inches apart on buttered 12- by 15-inch baking sheets. Gather excess dough into a ball, reroll, and cut out remaining cookies.
4. In a small bowl, beat egg white with 1 teaspoon water to blend. Brush cookies withmixture and sprinkle or arrange about 1/2 teaspoon sliced almonds on each.
5. Bake cookies in a 325º regular or convection oven until lightly browned, about 15minutes; if baking two sheets at once in one oven, switch their positions
halfway through cooking. Let cookies cool on sheets for 5minutes, then use a wide spatula to transfer to racks to cool completely.

Last edited:
Banana-Nut Cookies
Instead of sugar, these nutty cookies are sweetened with mashed banana.

2 cups uncooked regular oats
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups mashed banana
(about 3 medium)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Combine banana, oil, and vanilla;
stir well. Add banana mixture to dry ingredients, stirring to combine. Let stand 15 minutes.
3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15
minutes or until lightly golden. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool completely.

Last edited:
Banana Rum Coconut Cookies

2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup ripe mashed banana (about 1 medium)
1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
1 teaspoon rum
3/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 3 1/3 ounces)
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Dash of ground ginger

Preheat oven to 350°.
Place first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
Combine flour and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture. Drop dough by 2 tablespoonfuls onto parchment
paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 19 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.

Last edited:
Big Crunchy Sugar Cookies
Sparkling sugar cookies are holiday classics. These goodies, which earn their name from a coating of
coarse sugar, received our Test Kitchens highest rating.

1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Assorted coarse decorator sugars

Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, beating until blended.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Shape dough into a ball; cover and chill 2 hours.
Divide dough into 3 portions.Work with 1 portion of dough at a time, storing remaining dough in refrigerator. Shape dough into 1 1/2” balls; roll each ball in
decorator sugar. Place 2” apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Gently press and flatten each ball of dough to 3/4” thickness. Bake at 375° 13 to 15 minutes
or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool.

Last edited:
Cookie Biscotti Sticks
Liven up your next coffee break with these extravagant cookie sticks. They’re impressive in size and mimic biscotti in length and crunch.

1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2/3 cup butter
1/4 cup light corn syrup
3 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
1 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
1 cup butterscotch morsels
2 tablespoons shortening
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts

Stir together brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves and butter melts. Remove from heat.
Stir in 1/4 cup peanut butter and vanilla. Gently stir in oats. Press into bottom of an ungreased 13" x 9" pan lined with aluminum foil. Bake at 375° for 20 to 22 minutes or until browned.
Melt together chocolate morsels, butterscotch morsels, and shortening in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until smooth; stir in 1/2 cup peanut butter.
Spread over baked cookie crust; sprinkle with peanuts. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes. Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours or until firm. (Or pop them in the freezer to speed cooling. Just be sure to let them stand 5 minutes at room temperature before cutting.)
Lift uncut cookies out of pan using foil as handles. Cut crosswise into approximately 1"-thick sticks using a large chefs knife.Wrap in cellophane bags or plastic wrap for gift giving.

Last edited:
Bittersweet Sugar CookieMacaroons
Sandwich these coconut-covered sugar cookies together with chocolate.

1 (18-ounce) package refrigerated ready-to-bake sugar cookie bar dough (we tested with Nestlé)
3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
1 (4-ounce) bittersweet chocolate
baking bar, chopped (we tested with Ghirardelli)
2 tablespoons whipping cream

Cut each cookie dough portion into 4 equal pieces. Roll dough pieces in coconut;
shape into balls. Place balls 2” apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
Bake at 350° for 12 to 13 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Combine chocolate and whipping cream in a small glass bowl.Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; stir. Spoon melted chocolate into a small zip-top plastic bag. Snip a small hole in 1 corner of bag. Pipe 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chocolate mixture onto center of 40 cookie bottoms. Top with remaining half of cookies, pressing gently to adhere. Let sandwich cookies stand on wire racks for chocolate to harden.

Last edited:
Black-and-White Cookies
Big, irregular chunks of white chocolate look great in
contrast to the dark, bittersweet chocolate in these cookies.

12 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup (3/8 lb.) butter, cut into chunks
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 to 10 ounces coarsely chopped white chocolate or 2 cups white chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water (but not touching it), stir bittersweet chocolate and butter until smooth, 5 minutes. Remove bowl from over water; whisk in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to chocolate mixture and stir until well blended. Stir in white chocolate. Cover and chill dough until firm, at least 1 hour.
3. Shape dough into 2-inch balls and place about 3 inches apart on buttered or cooking parchment-lined 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
4. Bake until set at the edges but still soft in the center, 12 to 15 minutes; if baking more than one pan at a time, switch pan positions halfway through baking.
5. Let cool for 5 minutes on sheets; transfer to racks to cool completely.

Last edited:
Candied Ginger-Citrus Cookies
To grind the almonds, whirl in a blender or food processor.
You can store these cookies airtight for up to 2 days.

1/2 cup butter (1/4 lb.), at room temperature
1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light molasses
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
About 1/2 cup slivered almonds (3 oz.), finely ground, plus slivered almonds for garnish (optional)
1/2 cup finely chopped candied ginger

1. In a large bowl, with an electricmixer onmediumspeed, beat butter, shortening, and sugar until smooth; beat inmolasses and lemon peel until well blended.
2. In another bowl,mix flour, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, and cloves; stir into buttermixture until completely incorporated. Stir in almonds and candied ginger.
3. Divide dough into thirds. Shape each third into a roll about 1 1/2 inches in diameter; wrap rolls in waxed paper and chill until firm, at least 4 hours, or up to 1 week.
4. Unwrap dough. Using a sharp knife, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place slices about 1 inch apart on buttered or cooking parchment-lined 12- by 15-inch baking sheets. If desired, gently press a slivered almond into themiddle of each cookie.
5. Bake cookies in a 350° oven until edges are lightly browned, 7 to 10minutes.With a wide spatula, transfer cookies to racks to cool completely. Note:
Nutritional analysis is per cookie.

Last edited:
Candy Cane Cookies
Freeze the two-toned dough at the end of step 5 for up to two weeks or store baked cookies airtight for up to 2 days.

1 cup (1/2 lb.) butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 large egg yolks
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
Red food coloring

1. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until smooth; beat in egg yolks.
2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, combine milk, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, blending thoroughly after each addition.
3. Divide dough in half. Leave one half in the mixing bowl and stir in a few drops of red food coloring.
4. Divide each half of dough in half again (four portions total); wrap dough portions in waxed paper or cooking parchment and chill until firm but still pliable, about 1 hour.
5. Unwrap dough and roll each of the four pieces into a smooth rope about 15 inches long. Twist each white rope with a red rope into a 13-inch-long combined rope (for a total of two ropes).Wrap twisted rolls in waxed paper; chill until firm, at least 4 hours, or up to 1 week (see notes).
6. Unwrap dough. Using a sharp knife, cut rolls into 1/8-inch-thick slices; place slices about 1 inch apart on buttered 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
7. Bake cookies in a 350° oven until light golden, about 10 minutes; transfer to racks to cool completely.

Last edited:
Cherry-PistachioWedding Cookies
The combination of tender cake flour and sturdy all-purpose flour produces delicate cookies. The dough will be crumbly after you’ve combined all the ingredients but will hold its shape once molded in a tablespoon measure
and turned onto a baking sheet. You may need to add one to two additional teaspoons of ice water to the dough to achieve the crumbly consistency.

1 1/2 cups cake flour (about 6 ounces)
2/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 3 ounces)
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, divided
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
3 teaspoons ice water
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup dried tart cherries
1/4 cup finely chopped salted
dry-roasted pistachios
Cooking spray

1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a food processor; pulse to combine.With food processor on, add butter through food chute a few pieces at a time; process 1 minute or until mixture is the texture of sand.
3. Combine 3 teaspoons ice water and vanilla in a small bowl.With food processor on, slowly add ice water mixture through food chute; process 1 minute or until very well combined. (Mixture will remain crumbly.) Add cherries and pistachios; pulse 10 times or just until combined. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
(Mixture will be crumbly.) Gently press mixture into a level tablespoon; pack lightly with the heel of your hand. Turn out onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining dough to form 32 cookies.
4. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or just until bottoms are golden. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes on baking sheet.
5. Place remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar in a large bowl. Add cooled cookies; toss gently to coat with powdered sugar. Transfer cookies to wax paper to cool completely.

Last edited:
Chocolate-Almond Cookies
Enjoy one of these cookies with a steaming cup of chocolate-flavored coffee.

1 (8-ounce) package sugar-free chocolate-flavored snack cake mix (such as Sweet’N Low)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 1/2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cooking spray
50 almond slices, toasted (2 to 3 tablespoons)

1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl, stirring until blended.
3. Drop dough by level teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
Press 1 almond slice into top of each cookie. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes.
Transfer cookies to wire racks, and cool completely.

Last edited:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
You can store these bars airtight for up to 2 days.

2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups regular rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons granulated sugar

1. In a large bowl, with an electricmixer onmediumspeed, beat butter, oil, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, applesauce, and vanilla until well blended.
2. In another bowl,mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir or beat into buttermixture until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
3. Spread dough evenly in a lightly oiled 8-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle top evenly with granulated sugar.
4. Bake in a 350° oven until pale golden brown, about 15minutes. Let cool on a rack about 10minutes, then cut into 1- by 4-inch bars. Let cool completely.

Last edited:
Chocolate Chunk and Almond Cookies
This recipe goes with Cookie Base

12 ounces semisweet chocolate (chopped or chips)
1 cup (4 ounces) chopped toasted almonds

Make the cookie base recipe, adding the chocolate and almonds. Shape, bake, and cool according to the base recipe.

To Make Now and Bake Later:
When you mix a batch of cookies, double the recipe.
Bake half the dough according to the recipe and divide the rest into 4 equal portions.
Roll each portion into a log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.Wrap each log in plastic, then place in a resealable plastic bag. To save yourself time and hassle, label the bag with the flavor, the oven temperature, and the baking time, adding 3 to 6 minutes to the regular oven time. Freeze the dough for up to 3 months. To bake, slice the frozen dough into rounds about 1/2 inch thick, making as few or as many as you would like. Bake on a
parchment- or foil-lined baking sheet.

Last edited:
Chocolate Cookie Bites
Serve these bite-size treats with homemade vanilla ice cream or your favorite ice cream.

3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, divided
1 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan.
2. Bake at 350° for 6 to 8minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring once halfway through baking time.
3. Beat 1 cup powdered sugar and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add milk and vanilla, beating until blended.
4. Combine flour, cocoa, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in pecans.
5. Shape dough into 1-inch balls, and place 1 1/2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
6. Bake at 400° for 11 to 13 minutes or until tops of cookies just begin to crack. Cool on baking sheets 3 minutes. Remove to wire racks; dust with remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Cool 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup “measures-like-sugar" brown sugar calorie-free sweetener (such as Brown Sugar Twin)
1/2 cup egg substitute
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
2/3 cup finely crushed sugar-free
peppermint candies (about 30 candies)
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350°.
Beat margarine with a mixer at medium speed until creamy; gradually add sugar and sweetener, beating well. Add egg substitute and vanilla; beat well.
Combine flour and next 4 ingredients. Add to margarine mixture, stirring just until blended. Stir in crushed candy. Drop dough by level tablespoonfuls onto wax paper. Roll into balls; place balls, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Flatten balls with a fork. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove from pans, and let cool on wire racks.

Last edited:
Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Marshmallow Cream Filling

Cookies:
1 cup sugar
5 tablespoons butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup fat-free buttermilk
Cooking spray

Filling:
1 envelope unflavored gelatin (about 2 1/2 teaspoons)
3/4 cup cold water, divided
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup light-colored corn syrup
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. To prepare cookies, combine 1 cup sugar and butter in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 2 minutes). Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and eggs; beat until combined. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, cocoa, 1 teaspoon salt, baking powder, and baking soda; stir well with a whisk. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
4. To prepare filling, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water in a large bowl; set aside. Combine remaining 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar, syrup, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer registers 244°. Remove from heat. Gradually pour hot sugar syrup into softened gelatin mixture, beating with a mixer at low speed, then at high speed until thick (about 6 minutes),
scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; beat until well blended.
5. Quickly spread about 2 tablespoons filling over bottom side of 1 cookie; top with another cookie. Repeat procedure with remaining filling and cookies.

Last edited:
Cinnamon-Sugar Cookies
Buttery and sweet with a hint of spice, these cookie jar favorites are right for any occasion. If you prefer a slightly chewier cookie, reduce baking time to 10 minutes. A sprinkling of large-grained turbinado sugar makes a pretty presentation to attract buyers.

1 cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 large egg
1 cup cake flour (about 4 ounces)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 3 1/3 ounces)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup turbinado sugar

Place granulated sugar and butter in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 3 minutes). Add corn syrup, vanilla, and egg; beat 3 minutes or until well blended.
Lightly spoon cake flour and all-purpose flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; stir until just combined.Wrap in plastic wrap; chill 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine turbinado sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Shape dough into 48 balls, about 1 teaspoon each. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until golden on bottom. Cool on wire racks.

Last edited:
Back