What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maybe a new beginning

ChileFarmer

It sure looks like this forum has died completely. Reason, maybe because of all the spam that was happening, now spam is gone. A good thing. Maybe because we had some that would have to pick each post apart. Maybe because we had some that would post recipes that were not theirs and not give credit where credit was due.
Anyway now is our chance to start over, Remember this could be a friendly place to share ideas, recipes and post some nice photos of whats cooking. CF :(:)

One would think that with 30 something views of the above post someone would have something to say. maybe? CF

Hey Guy, back at you on having a great Thanksgiving. Pleased to see your post. We have nothing special planned. I am thinking I might do some pies. Got a ham and a turkey, turkey was free with the ham. I might brine the turkey and smoke it. Or just save it for another time.
Wish this forum would come back, we had some good folks. Anyway pleased to hear from you. CF

Max, just got the email that you have posted. I really don't know what happen to this forum, we did get covered up with spammers, guess that was the most trouble. And the powers in charge would do nothing to stop it. Anyway, I am still cooking and enjoying every bite. Today rib eye roast was the main course with white potatoes, mushroom gravy. Good eats . CF:)

I didn't go to any other forum(s). And I'm still cooking. Just made up some salmon patties and quick mac & cheese (the nasty boxed kind because it was quick). Mainly so my disabled neighbor would have something to eat for her supper. But, anyway, I do miss the give and take that this forum afforded me. I made a cinnamon bread (Amish) yesterday. Hadn't ever tried that recipe before. It turned out well.

YoYo, I to do the box mac & cheese thing. I do add more cheese most of the time, and use canned milk.
Wonderful that you are looking out for your neighbor. I have no neighbors close by, but do help where I can.
Bread: I haven't baked in so long I am ashamed of myself. We completely rebuilt our kitchen this year, every thing new. Including new double ovens, I have got to bake something. You have me wanting some nice warm bread, of course I will have to smother it in butter. Enjoyed your post, lets me know how your bread turned out. CF:)

I always use whole milk and butter for the mac & cheese. She likes it sloppy so I add more milk than called for and even add back some of the pasta water. The bread was just fine. It called for cinnamon chips and I had to make a special grocery trip to get them. But, now having made it I see that the bread wouldn't have been right without them. Someone in comments (Mr. Food site) wanted to know if she could just use chocolate chips. Duh!!! Then it wouldn't have been cinnamon bread, huh? It definitely needs the cinnamon chips. Without them, it would have just been a butter bread with ground cinnamon added.

I do quick breads all of the time. The neighbor especially loves banana bread so I've made several of those loaves recently. My next one will be zucchini bread I suppose. Haven't made that for a year now. And it's so easy with the food processor to do the grating. No matter what recipe I use for that, I put in 3 cups of the zucchini. Makes it so much better.

To ChileFarmer - I'm going to put in a plug right here and now for something that I feel strongly would give this poor tired old forum a really good shot in the arm - selecting you as the moderator! Since you've believed in this site for so long and campaigned so hard to resurrect it again, it ought to be "yours"! I have no idea if the old head of the herd, Matt, is still associated with this site or not but if he is I hope he reads this and responds to it - it's an idea whose time has definitely come! While waiting for some sort of response to my excellent idea, I intend to proceed as if it's actually happening - you get my vote already.

Ian M.

New Beginnings

CF, you ought to post some of those gorgeous photos you took of that new kitchen of yours! Everyone should see how beautiful it is - looks like something straight out of Good Housekeeping or an architectural magazine. Just to die for.

Ian

YoYo, I don't think I have ever seen cinnamon chips, Course I don't do chips much. But your bread sure sounds good. I think I do have some butter scotch chips that are very old. I will look for the Cinnamon ones when at the market.

Ian, thanks for the kind words. But as you know I can't even keep myself running much less this site.
Push come to shove I might give it a go if asked. Although I am still having trouble :)navigating the site.
Hugs to the wife and the young man. CF

To ChileFarmer - I'm going to put in a plug right here and now for something that I feel strongly would give this poor tired old forum a really good shot in the arm - selecting you as the moderator!

I too vote for ChileFarmer for moderator. So who ever has the magic wand, pass it over to CF and lets start this thing over.

Let's get this forum going with someone really good at the helm!

Good on you, JP! Okay, CF, that's two. A thousand Frenchmen can't be wrong! Give this some serious thought and let's find what happened to our friendly, neighborhood Administrator and get the ball rolling! For what it's worth, CF, my Mum would definitely have approved of this move...........................

Ian ;)

Last edited:
Ian, I contacted the staff of spiceplace.com but have not heard from them yet. This is there forum, maybe they will respond soon. CF

Back