What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Taters

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
No measurements are needed -

just scrub your taters (I leave the skins on) and cut into wedges; drizzle with a mix of olive oil and melted butter; season with salt, pepper, parsley and basil or rosemary. Mix well and bake on lightly oiled baking sheet in 375* oven until done.

Don't be afraid to add some onion wedges, if desired.

Leftover baked or steamed taters?

Cut into chunks and layer with Velveeta cheese in buttered casserole; top with buttered bread crumbs or cracker crumbs; sprinkle with paprika; 350* F. till heated through and bubbling.

For a nice variation and one pot meal - add cooked mini meatballs to taters and cheese.

Try the above with a nice thick white sauce in place of Velveeta!

For a nice variation - add peas.

Baked Tater Wedges

Scrub and cut into wedges; lightly beat an egg white or 2 in a bowl.

In a separate bowl combine and mix well - bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, Parmesan cheese, onion powder - dip wedges in egg and press into coating. Bake on lightly greased baking sheet (also drizzle with a bit of oil before baking) 375* F. till done - 40 - 45 minutes - depending on size of taters..

For a variaiton - use Creole or Cajun seasoning with the bread or cracker crumbs.

Thank you so much for sharing these recipes. My SIL is

vegetarian and I cook potatoes with almost every meal I prepare when he is here. These will be a great addition.

Back