Jan 16  # 1 of 10
Baked Lemon Fries

6 Idaho potatoes
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Zest of 3 lemons
2 tablespoons freshly chopped Italian parsley
2 tablespoons minced garlic
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Peel potatoes and cut into 3/8-inch thick slices (lengthwise) cut again into 3/8-inch thick fries. Place the potatoes into a bowl with cold water; this will help keep the fries crisp and white. Just before cooking, drain water and place on paper towel, pat dry completely.Put in a bowl; add olive oil, 1 tablespoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Toss well and lay out in 1 layer on nonstick baking sheets. Bake until light brown. Cook for approx 30 - 40 minutes, turning frequently until golden brown.Remove from oven. Add lemon zest, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss well and serve.
Jan 16  # 2 of 10
These sound GOOD!
Jan 17  # 3 of 10
These sound really unusual- and GOOD!
Jan 17  # 4 of 10
Thank you for the recipe MsMia
I never have much luck baking homemade french fries. I think I'm to impatient and turn them to often or they stick to the baking sheet end up breaking all a part. I want to try this so I'm going to cheat and use frozen fries and then your seasoning. I wonder if Ore Ida has olive oil fries? lol. 450 for 30-40 minutes, I'd probably smoke the house up with the olive oil any way.
Jan 17  # 5 of 10
IC, let us know how it turns out with the frozen spuds, please. Thanks