Mar 9  # 1 of 6
Description:
I don't get to eat mushrooms that often because my wife and girls won't even touch one. My son is home on spring break and he does like them too. I have been on a bit of a mushroom craze.
I made the following pie using fresh mushrooms and homemade Ricotta cheese. A big thank you goes out for the homemade Ricotta recipe given here on SP.

Ingredients:
1 prebaked pie crust
2 tablespoons of butter
1 pound of sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon of powdered ginger
salt and ground pepper to taste
2 eggs
1/2 pound of ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon of cornstarch

Directions:
Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the sliced mushrooms and brown. Add the ginger, salt and pepper, cover and cook the moisture out of the mushrooms. Pour the liquid from the mushrooms into a mixing bowl.
In the mixing bowl add the eggs and ricotta cheese mix very well. I use the kitchen Aid. If you don't have one I would suggest an electric mixer.
After mixing very well stir in the mushrooms and cornstarch. Mix in the mushrooms and cornstarch by hand.
Pour the mixture into the prebaked pie shell and bake in a preheated oven at 375* for 20 minutes. Serve warm.

Enjoy, IC
Mar 10  # 2 of 6
Wow these sound wonderful!!! I must give 'em a try! Thanks for sharing:)
Mar 11  # 3 of 6
I really wanted to try jfain's homemade ricotta recipe and I am glad I did. The texture and taste where very pleasing and store bought doesn't even compare.
I made this pie after Mama mentioned Ricotta pies. I was really concerned with the amount of ginger the recipe called for but I do have to say that the ginger flavor did go well with the mushrooms and ricotta. Maybe the Ginger is the Medieval part of the recipe.
Mar 11  # 4 of 6
sounds good IC!

there is so much you can do with ricotta! these pies are so good!
Dec 17  # 5 of 6
Quote The Ironic Chef wrote:
Description:
I don't get to eat mushrooms that often because my wife and girls won't even touch one. My son is home on spring break and he does like them too. I have been on a bit of a mushroom craze.
I made the following pie using fresh mushrooms and homemade Ricotta cheese. A big thank you goes out for the homemade Ricotta recipe given here on SP.

Ingredients:
1 prebaked pie crust
2 tablespoons of butter
1 pound of sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon of powdered ginger
salt and ground pepper to taste
2 eggs
1/2 pound of ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon of cornstarch

Directions:
Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the sliced mushrooms and brown. Add the ginger, salt and pepper, cover and cook the moisture out of the mushrooms. Pour the liquid from the mushrooms into a mixing bowl.
In the mixing bowl add the eggs and ricotta cheese mix very well. I use the kitchen Aid. If you don't have one I would suggest an electric mixer.
After mixing very well stir in the mushrooms and cornstarch. Mix in the mushrooms and cornstarch by hand.
Pour the mixture into the prebaked pie shell and bake in a preheated oven at 375* for 20 minutes. Serve warm.

Enjoy, IC

That looks wonderful! Will have to find the ricotta recipe.