1/4 C sour cream
1 tsp. prepared mustard
2 tbls. ketchup
salt and pepper to taste
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
Paprika
Chopped Chives

Directions:

Place potatoes in saucepan. Cover with water, add salt. Boil potatoes until tender. Drain. To make dressing, stir together onion, celery, carrots, mayonnaise or salad dresing, sour cream, mustard, ketchip and additional salt if necessary, and pepper. Gently add warm potatoes and chopped egg to dressing. Sprinkle with paprika and chopped chives. Chill thoroughly. Serve with hot dogs, hamburgers and lots of iced tea and homemade freezer pickles. Delicious!

For Homemade Freezer Pickles:

Ingredients:

2 C sugar
1 C white vinegar
7 C sliced pickling cuccumbers (1/4-inch thick) not peeled
1 green or red sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
1 C sliced onion
1 1/2 tbls. salt
1/2 tbls. celery salt
1 tbls. celery seed

Directions:

Put the sugar and vinegar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat. Put the cuccumbers, peppers, onion, salt, celery salt and celery seed into a bowl and mix. Pour the vinegar mixture over the cuccumber mixture. Place into smaller containers and freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving. These are crunchy and mouth-puckeringly delicious. :D:D
Jun 29  # 2 of 10
Potato salad sounds really good, may add more eggs. Mom always said the eggs make potato salad.
Pickles, we make pickles at our plant, so always have plenty. Thanks for the recipes. CF:)
Jun 29  # 3 of 10
Good morning, CF - I absolutely don't mind in the slightest because your "improvements" are always just that - improvements - and I'm always in favour of making a good thing better! But it does, nonetheless, always make me laugh, that your fingers begin to itch and you can never resist the urge to improve on a recipe!

As well, my friend, I did want to thank you for your response to my son's taking over of my "space" on the forum to write you with questions. He's so proud of your answers and put a sign up on his bulletin board beside what he had printed off the computer that night that "this is a REAL cook"! Until I figure out how he fits me into that particular equation, the jury's still out!!

Katie :D
Jun 29  # 4 of 10
What can I say, I love playing with my food.
I have had some really good teachers. My Grandmother and my Mother. I will be 75 years old this year And still learn each day.

Pleased that Ian was happy with my reply. Tell him to keep thinking, and never get to the point he thinks he has no more to learn. Do it, just because nobody else does. Who knows it might work. CF:)
Jun 29  # 5 of 10
Excellent advice...and I'll pass it along to Ian. He didn't really feel comfortable, initially, going to cooking school in Boston because he was going to be the oldest one in his class (as far as he's concerned, 29 is nearing senility! My boys will be 30 in October - now I'm approaching that senility.) but the family pushed and prodded until he finally applied and got accepted and loves every single minute of it. He continues to learn new things on the subject every single day. Occasionally, he shares one or two of his tips and new ideas with his poor old mother, too. One is never, ever too old to learn new things and try new ideas. And I like "playing with my food", as well - trying new things, experimenting. One's sense of taste never wears out! I'm no longer inventing "grow taller" foods, however. Only the "grow-bigger-arounder" type. :D