Nov 11  # 1 of 14
Here we are smoking some Pork Spare Ribs that I trimmed to St Louis style.

I ran the ribs for 4.5 hours at 225 degrees with hickory smoke. I also “mopped” the ribs every 30 minutes. A mop in this case was a commercial spray bottle with melted butter, oil, and apple cider vinegar. A few mists every 30 minutes, and all is good.

Put these ribs together with potato salad, baked beans, and a roll, and you have a plate full of love.

Here’s the pictures.

First, the rack of ribs sauced and off the smoker.

6qd6qz9.jpg

Next, close up of the ribs with their sauce.

7wg0nmc.jpg

Here, that rack is split.

8be5y8i.jpg

Next, we have a cut rib. Notice the smoke ring!!!

7xilxuh.jpg

Finally, we plate those smoked ribs with potato salad, baked beans, and a roll!

82c9k7m.jpg
Nov 11  # 2 of 14
Whoo, look at that last pic and see the smoke ring on them ribs, Sweet! That pink you see is the smoke ring. It's a beautiful thing!
Nov 11  # 3 of 14
Wow Keltin, those ribs are a feast for the eyes! That is a plate of love! I've never tried smoking meats but this makes me want to try. The beans and potato salad look mighty good, too. Were you celebrating something or just spoiling your DW?
Nov 11  # 4 of 14
Nobody likes a show-off, Keltin. :p

That's a real pretty plate. I notice you told us after the fact, hoping we wouldn't all turn up at your table.

Tcinsa: Really? Never smoked meats? You poor deprived creature! Maybe that should be the next topic at the cooking school?

How'd you make out breaking down chicken?
Nov 11  # 5 of 14
Thanks TC and KYH! I wasn’t celebrating anything, just got a wild hair to use the smoker. I’ve been using the outdoor DO a lot here lately, and I think the smoker was feeling neglected….but obviously it still loves me. LOL! :)

KYH, that is an excellent idea for the next school topic! There is a lot that could be said in that. Very good idea!