8 potatoes, peeled and diced
2 cups celery\cooked, sliced
1/4 cup bell peppers, seeded and chopped
1 large onion\cooked, diced
3 Tbsps. Minute Tapioca
4 cups tomatoes\cooked
1 Tbsp. brown sugar

Instructions

Combine all ingredients and salt and pepper to taste in a slow cooker on high heat. Cover and cook 5 hours.
Oct 26  # 2 of 10
For beef stew, I'd prefer to brown the beef first and let it caramelise, cos the bits left in the pot is very tasty.

I also brown some bacon for the stew. (Who doesn't like the flavor of bacon!?)

And then I'd add red wine and beef stock and slow cook it.

I have a similar recipe here: slow cook beef stew
Oct 26  # 3 of 10
Mmmm! That recipe looks very good. I live beef stew. It's one of the few things my hubby & I can both agree on.

The other idea sounds good too. That probably would be good to brown the meat first. I've never heard of anyone doing that for stew before.
Oct 27  # 4 of 10
Hehe. I got that browning tip from watching Ina Garten in Barefoot Contessa. But she did not use a slow cooker. She used one of those very heavy pots (I don't know what it's called) to brown the beef and bacon, then use wine to deglaze (remove the delicious brown bits) the bottom of the pot.
Dec 23  # 5 of 10
I'm glad I found this recipe through the search option. I have been looking for a recipe using the Minute Tapioca. I'm interested in the volume of liquid to use with it. I have learned though that when using the Minute Tapioca you have to bloom it for about 15 minutes before you start to heat it.