Sep 16  # 1 of 1
This is my the most favorite fall and winter soup! One of the most requested soups by my friends too. It has very few ingredients, so they have to be the best quality you can find. I came up with the recipe.

1 big onion - chopped
1 med butternut squash or any other orange colored squash or pumpkin - seeded, peeled and cubed
3 -4 med potatoes - peeled, cubed (you will need to have equal parts of potatoes and squash)
1 8oz can of coconut milk
1 Tb curry powder
good sea salt - to taste; you can also use fermented fish sauce to replace all or some of the salt. It enhances flavor.

Sautee onions in coconut oil/ghee or butter for a few min, add pumpkin and potatoes, cover and let them cook on low heat for 20-25 min untill tender. Add coconut milk and curry powder, cook for a few min untill the pimpkin and potatoes are well done. Add filtered water to desired consistensy, salt. Mix with a hand blender. You can also blend 1/2 of the soup in a regular blender and mix with the rest if you like creamy soup with chunks of veggies in it; or you blend it all.

You can also experiment with other veggies: pumpkin and carrots for example, etc.

This is soo good. If I bring it over to a gathering with small kids, moms usually feed their kids the soup. I can get a bucket of this soup for a week, and be happy.