7 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup flour
3 cups milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon or more salt
White Pepper
Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon sherry (optional)

Wash mushrooms. Chop mushrooms and stems very fine (reserve six sliced mushroom caps). Simmer, covered, in chicken broth with the onion for 30 minutes. Sauté the reserve sliced mushroom caps in 1 tablespoon butter and reserve for garnish. Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan, Add the flower and stir with a wire whisk until blended. Bring milk to a boil and add all at once to butter flour mixture, stirring vigorously with a whisk until sauce thickens and smooth. Add the cream. Combine the mushroom/broth mixture with the sauce and season to taste with salt, pepper, and Tabasco sauce. Reheat and add the Sherry before serving. Garnish with sautéed sliced mushrooms.

Delicious and makes me hungry thinking about it :)
Aug 14  # 2 of 5
Wow, Greg!

I just finished supper, and now you're making me hungry. This sounds like a real winner.

"Chop mushrooms and stems very fine "

By very fine, do you mean like a duxelle (sp?)? Or a bit coarser than that; sort of like a fine dice?

"Add the flower and...."

I thought I was the only one whose fingers tripped on their tongue. :>)
Oct 8  # 3 of 5
Mushroom??? well I don't like it , but may be for people who doesn't like mushroom, they can do it with carrots instead, I try it! and my family loved it! so may be you should try another option for this Bisque, If you want to check the original recipe ,you can do it here recipebuddys.com. See you next time for a recipe exchange!
Oct 8  # 4 of 5
There is one thing that really bugs me and it is for a person to say: I don't like that" when it comes to foods. Sounds like a whiny spoiled brat of a kid, or a freakin' rude adult who has no manners! I would not for that reason: go have a look at your recipe food exchange! My 9 year old will not say "I don't like that" in a whiny voice, she just simply says "next time I'd prefer...."

It would have been much more mature and polite to have simply given your suggestion for a Carrot Bisque as an alternative to the mushroom.
Oct 11  # 5 of 5
Sounds like spam. I for one love mushrooms!