Jan 14  # 1 of 73
I was wondering what everyones favorite soups are? Especially now that it is turning cold as begeebers!!! B-r-r-r-r-r

But to take it one step further, how many nights a week could you eat soup and keep it from not getting boring?
Jan 14  # 2 of 73
Wow, what a question. Favorite soups. I guess my favorite cold weather soup is pasta fazoli. When I'm not feeling well I love home made chicken noodle with lots of pepper. During the fall I like to eat clam chowder. Both New England and Manhattan. Potato soup is a nice comfort soup at any time of the year.and of course I like pea soup around St Patty's day.
I grew up in a large family so we usually had a clean out refrigerator soup every Saturday.
I do on occasion like to have a cup o noodles when I'm working outdoors on a cold day.
French onion soup is an absolute favorite.
I could eat soup with every meal if I could get away with it on these cold days. Just getting the chill from the bones would make it worth it. No need to be bored.
Jan 14  # 3 of 73
I don't think there is such a thing as a favorite soup. It changes faster than a woman's mind, depending on the mood at the moment. Any "hot" soup would get my saliva working.

As for the most sipped soup it would have to be Chicken Noodle.
Jan 15  # 4 of 73
Hi Cathy- GREAT THREAD!

I'm a huge soup-fan... there's hardly one I don't like!

I love Minstrone, and also a basic chicken broth w/ tender cheese tortelini tossed in.

I love thick cream soups and chowders. A fav is corn chowder- I enjoy it plain, or with either smoked sausage, smoked salmon or chicken added in.

Also chicken-noodle and chicken-dumpling.

I love hearty bean soups from navy bean, to pinto-bean and balck bean... to split pea and barley.

I also occasionally buy canned soups and my preferred ones are: Campbell's Italian Wedding Soup w/ mini meatbalss and spinach... and Campbells Chunky chicken-corn chowder, and potato ham chowder.

Also, it's hard to beat a nice, thick, creamy New England Clam Chowder, in my book!

(FYI: it's 10 degrees below zero here tonight- what I wouldn't give for a bubbling kettle of rib-stickcing, soul-warming soup right now! When my graveyard shift is over, I'll head home and put a few ham hocks in the cock-pot along with some washed navy beans, mirepiox, water, a shake of dried thyme and a bay-leaf... A few hours later when I wake-up I'll throw together a quick box of Jiffy cornbread mix and voila- I'll be set! YUM!)
Jan 15  # 5 of 73
Ahhhhh soup. There is a reason the Campbell's slogan "soup is good food" is so resounding. I love soup and I eat it almost every day from September through the end of June. I have 3 cookbooks devoted entirely to soup. I make soup once a week out of pretty much what ever I have in my refrigerator but here are some of my all time favorites.

Chicken cashew chili
Venison chili
Spicy sausage and bean soup with rosemary and avocadoes
Kale and chorizo soup
Corn chowder with turkey or chicken
Pumpkin-tomato soup
Vegetable soup
Avgolemono
Hot and Sour soup
Vietnamese beef and noodle soup with anise
Pozole
Spicy Mexican Chicken and vegetable soup
Lentil soup with kielbasa
Ham and black eyed pea soup
Lettuce and pea

Of course that just scratches the surface of all of the wonderful tasty soups out there.