1Sm onion chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
3 hot green chilies finely chopped
3 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 chopped carrot
1/2 cup chopped celery
STEP 2

1 bag dried kidney beans ( rinsed )

1 lrg can tomato puree plus 2 cans of water (using the tomatoe cans to measure )

seasoning ... 4 heaping TBSP cumin powder
2 TBSP Garam masala
1 TBSP hot chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
I do this in my pressure cooker .... Takes less time :)

brown beef w/ 1 tablespoon corn oil , stirring and mashing the meat once browned add remainder of the ingredients in STEP 1 ..cook for 5 to 10 minutes

add all the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil ... lower to medium heat and place cover when the pot starts to whistle time it for 15 minutes and turn it off but leave it on the burner ....wait for 30 minutes and then open the pot ... check if the seasoning is okay and serve.

Can be served with some rice but I love it just as is .

** if cooking in a regular pot ... you may want to soak your beans over night and simmer the chili for about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs.
Dec 5  # 2 of 15
Sounds great to me. I've never used carrots in chili and have never used a pressure cooker for it either. Live and learn. I too use dried kidney beans but only 1/2 bag (8 oz dry) to 1 Lb beef. I need to try yours for some variety.
Dec 5  # 3 of 15
My kids don`t eat many vegetables and this is one way of letting them have it and not even know it :)
Jan 9  # 4 of 15
I tried the chilli and it was great, I had to cook it in a wok beacuse I wanted a lot but it still turned out ok.
Jan 10  # 5 of 15
Love the name of your hot diggity chili, mama nee! :)